Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Broadway

bluezguy

I just rec'd my 'new' 1998 Epiphone Broadway. It was described by the seller as in 'excellent condition' but I have to say it is in 'mint' condition. I am blown away at how clean, unscratched or scuffed, and new this baby looks. Anyways, I am taken aback a bit by the fact that there is NO serial number on the head stock.

There is one on the orange sticker inside however; that bugs me a bit too because the sequence is 8 digits - BUT - it is in groups of 4 digits with a space in the middle R##B ####.

I can't get through to CusSupport so waddaya think???

.... it is in groups of 4 digits with a space in the middle R##B ####.

I can't get through to CusSupport so waddaya think???

Well, there's this ==>

• F = Factory code

• YY = Year of manufacture

• M = Letter code to corresponding month (A = January, B = February, etc.)

• RRRR = Ranking number

Example: R01B0123 = Peerless Korea / 2001 / February / unit 0123.

mostly used on Peerless made Epiphones

Yes, I should've mentioned I found this identifier on this site. Again, my concern is the space between the 2 groups of four digits. In all these serial numbers, there are none with the space breaking up the sequence. Hence, my concern. Thanks for taking the time though!

Well, there's this ==>

• F = Factory code

• YY = Year of manufacture

• M = Letter code to corresponding month (A = January, B = February, etc.)

• RRRR = Ranking number

Example: R01B0123 = Peerless Korea / 2001 / February / unit 0123.

mostly used on Peerless made Epiphones

The space between the first 4 and last 4 characters is totally normal. Congrats on a cool piece! If you don't like the pickguard and bracket please sell it to me - I need a period correct one to restore mine! (no, the Allparts/Stewmac/Amazon/Gibson/Epi/etc parts don't fit a late 90's Epi Broadway)

Hey Guys,

Thank you for the info y'all have provided ... it is with great appreciation!! Sorry, I don't wanna sell the pickguard :>)

I am astounded that this instrument feels and plays as good as my 2013 ES-335 Dot RI Figured etc etc etc - I didn't say sounds as good but, I actually may prefer the feel of this Broadway.

One more thing before I give the seller a 5-star rating ... There is not a thing at all on the back of the head stock. It is as clean and empty as can be. Is this how your late 90's Broadways were?

The pickups are stock and sound pretty darn good. I have a pair of gold Seth Lovers I thought I'd stuff in but me thinks I'll wait awhile. I play through super reverb reissues and a peavey delta blues 2x10 loaded with a pair of celestion golds. Both amps are a blessing with this Broadway.

Finally, can you steer me to a high end tuner to replace the stock ones where I DO NOT have to drill new holes for mounting screws? Direct replacements are what I seek. After this, I won't bug you anymore except for posting pics and sound clips next week when time off hits.

Thanks!!!

Congrats on a great guitar. Those Peerless-built Broadways are dynamite. I've been playing mine a lot recently and fell in love with it all over again.

2JbR4G3.jpg

Absofrickenlootly gorgeous! I am proud to have joined your family!

Here's one for ya ... my '98 Broadway is acoustically louder than my dreadnaught Masterbilt (2009). I can hardly wait to do some tracking with this baby.

Gonna start the Jazz lessons from that online Belgium company in a day or two. I hate doing the online thing ... wish they sold books. Gypsy Jazz is where I'm headed.

Here's one for ya ... my '98 Broadway is acoustically louder than my dreadnaught Masterbilt (2009). I can hardly wait to do some tracking with this baby.

Gonna start the Jazz lessons from that online Belgium company in a day or two. I hate doing the online thing ... wish they sold books. Gypsy Jazz is where I'm headed.

Let's see some pics of this beauty.

Archived