Gibson Brands Forums

Might have found the right combination...

tweed2

Found a 2018 Dot on eBay, last month, at a price that I couldn't pass up. Two hours of playing time on it, already had a Gotoh bridge, had fret work done and came with an SKB TSA case. Because I was at the end of another "meat grinder" project, I wasn't able to do much with it until last week. The usual "Tweed" stuff, McCartney strap in relocate and Strap Lock pins, black reflector knobs, Tomastic strings. I had Mike Lull install a bone nut and a set of used (MJ wound) Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups that I've been saving and while the harness was out, I had Mike replace the jack and switch.

All I can say is that this combination resulted in the most playable guitar that I own. The sounds emanating from it make me question whether it's really me playing, it sounds so good. pushed through some old EL84 tubes, and 60 year old Jensens, it's like angels singing. I don't see the other guitars hanging on my wall getting much attention. anymore.

ZxFfIB8l.jpg

nRPfdiZl.jpg

XYevqMxl.jpg

Congrats Tweed. I have an '08 blonde Dot that I had SD Classics put in, along with Switchcraft switches, new Pots, harness and added a Bigsby. It is my "it can do it all" guitar and frankly, my go to. Enjoy

Found a 2018 Dot on eBay, last month, at a price that I couldn't pass up.....

And a bunch of hot mods put to it! Well done, Tweed! I been playing more acoustic lately, but my unmodded cherry Dot's a keeper. I guess the fretboard was stained dark - it's very ebony-esque....

lpp381.jpg

It's awesome when it all unexpectedly comes together, really crazy how sometimes, something just "hits" the mark and there is no rhyme or reason why some do, and some don't.... it's just the way it is...

It's awesome when it all unexpectedly comes together, really crazy how sometimes, something just "hits" the mark and there is no rhyme or reason why some do, and some don't.... it's just the way it is...

Yep, and then the universe is with you [thumbup].

Archived