Gibson Brands Forums

What can ya say really

blindboygrunt

While I’m a happy chappy with my j45 and j15 , who doesn’t dream of having maybe a hummingbird , or a dare I say it , Martin in there too . But hey we’re not all millionaires so you count your blessings don’t ya

Last night my better half went to a charity dinner , raising money for the Northern Ireland hospice . A fantastic charity who provide comfortable environment for people to see out the last of their days , I’m sure there are such places near all of you .

There was an auction at the dinner and sure didn’t she bid on and win a guitar

Quandary here. It’s a fender squire , albeit signed by the band snow patrol with a little picture of them with the guitar , but for the price she paid I could’ve had another gibson !

I’m now stuck on the fence of whether I think she’s fantastic or not 😂

Just had to get it off my chest 🎸

Hey, I don't dream of owning as Hummingbird and have managed to get by without a Martin for decades.

No reason to question your sanity. As it was charity and assuming it was for something you believe in bidding on the guitar was a righteous act. I do not have a clue who the band is or why I would want their picture on a guitar. But I do get the "whoa I could have bought this or that guitar for this amount of money" thing. Every time I spend cash anything it is he first thing that pops into my skull. That fence I just installed would have paid for something really nice. So take heart friend, you are not the only one afflicted with this particular syndrome.

Of course it’s the thought that counts

And zomby , the picture of the band isn’t on the guitar ... it comes with it. I suppose some sort of authentication....

I’m gonna hang it in the bathroom

I used to wallpaper my bathroom with job rejection letters.

Of course it's the thought that counts

I'm just goofing ya know

I thought so. Didn't mean to be nailing you or anything. I'm a little serious minded this morning.

All you can say is 'good for you'... but then i would probably wait a month or two and say 'honey - was just thinking, that money we donated to the charity auction... makes me feel real good we were able to do it, but before we do it again - would you be alright if i got a hummingbird? and wow, your hair looks great today!'

good luck to you!

And continuing my thoughts on this - you got a hummingbird that looks like a squire. I got a hummingbird that looks like a puppy...

The girl knows it was a POS guitar

She didn’t buy it thinking it was brillaint

That's what I was thinking.

My wife would know a Squire was junk. She would also know I'm no fan of boy bands, or whoever that band is.

I'm sure she wouldn't have bought it, but IF SHE DID, I'm sure it would have been

1; So the charity makes some money AND

2; Just to pull my chain

Me thinks maybe yours did both as well...……

[thumbup]

That's what I was thinking.

My wife would know a Squire was junk. She would also know I'm no fan of boy bands, or whoever that band is.

I'm sure she wouldn't have bought it, but IF SHE DID, I'm sure it would have been

1; So the charity makes some money AND

2; Just to pull my chain

Me thinks maybe yours did both as well...……

[thumbup]

Think it was pretty much just number 1 murph

She picked the guitar because of me , rest was paintings , ornaments , hotel stays etc ...

Snow patrol aren’t a boy band though. I’d have been annoyed if it was a guitar from a boy band !!

Anytime a wife purchases a guitar it is a very good thing and should always be encouraged! If she gets the hang of the joy of buying guitars, just think of the future possibilities! Encourage her to buy more! Regarding the Squire, just enjoy it being in your your collection!

Just my two cents.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Archived