Gibson Brands Forums

Focusrite Clarett USB

Leonard McCoy

I'm wondering whether it's worth upgrading from a Scarlett 2i4 to the new Clarett 2Pre USB (link). Currently, I mostly use the interace in conjunction with Reaper for practice after dark with my Les Paul (Bias Amp 2) and for doing the occassional home recording (including acoustic-electric plus mic). Any advice?

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm wondering whether it's worth upgrading from a Scarlett 2i4 to the new Clarett 2Pre USB (link).

Certainly looks like a nice unit. But the Scarlett ain't so bad, either. I kinda doubt the Clarett is over 2 times better.... I just use a Scarlett for home recording. No complaints, and no pressing desires to get something better. Unless you got Interface Acquisition Syndrome, Leonard? :)

I see it requires a USB-C connection.. not the "Standard" USB-3 connection.

does your computer have a USB-C connection? mine doesn't and my computer is just around the 3yr old intel quad i7 cpu.

I'm somewhat in the market for a new interface, no idea why. Perhaps I'm expecting better latency? even though the Scarlett is already pretty good at that for a USB-only interface (4.8ms@96kHz 24bit 128spls).

The new Clarett comes with a power supply if you can only provide it only with a standard USB port in order to draw the necessary extra power from it.

Archived