Gibson Brands Forums

Homecoming

Hogeye

Well.. It's time for the "Homecoming" again and I have it on good authority that there will be a couple of very special guests. Ren Ferguson will be in attendance. Ren is officially retired and spending his time in his own shop building guitars. He is going to spend a lot of time at the "Homecoming" visiting with his pals. The other really cool guest is Eldon Whitford.

Eldon is, of course, one of the authors of the world famous " Gibson's Fabulous Flat-tops" book. Eldon is an old friend of the Montana division and has spent a lot of time in Bozeman doing research for his book and paling around with the folks that work there. I have several of his books in paperback and will try to get him to sign them for folks. That should be a fun thing.

I have opened up my archive and found a lot of interesting stuff for people to paw thru and maybe even purchase. Lots of wall hangers and that sort of thing. Just my mercenary way of trying to keep the folks broke and hungry.

I'm looking forward to meeting Dan's girl dog Powder. I called her a boy an Dan had to remind me she's a girl. She, I hope, will be staying at my place during the meetings and such. You can find us in the back yard under the shade trees playing Frisbee. Ha.... I'll be the old dog with a beer.

Several of the folks come in early as they like to get to Music Villa and get a first look at the cool stuff they have on hand. I know Dave from Salt Lake will be here early as he is always good for a guitar or two. He says he is bringing his banjo so maybe we can get a little jam going in my back yard. If the Banjo starts hurting Powder's ears we will just have to put it back in the case and muddle on without it. My two dogs are in North Carolina for the summer so it will be nice to have a pooch around to pick up after.

I'll keep you posted on how things are going. I have it on good authority that Yamaha will be giving a clinic with their famous clinician Carl Tosten. Carl is an amazing talent and he is worth the trip to Bozeman just to see and hear. I hope he has a new C.D. as I have just about wore out all my old ones.

More later

....I'll be the old dog with a beer.....

Ha ha! Sorry to miss it, especially since I just drove down through Montana from Lake Pend Oreille, heading back to Salt Lake. Looking to do a 1031 property Exchange from SoCal to N. Idaho, so too busy to swing by. Super pretty place up there!

hhr126.jpg

tenor.gif

LOL!!!

I think Hogeye is offering things above and beyond during this home coming.

Seems to me, despite disagreements that have been air'd here, he's a pretty all right guy..

we need to let go of the past, and move forward...

LOL!!!

I think Hogeye is offering things above and beyond during this home coming.

Seems to me, despite disagreements that have been air'd here, he's a pretty all right guy..

we need to let go of the past, and move forward...

Correct

He’s a curmudgeon

Every year he’s the hostess with the mostess

And I’d say he wouldn’t see a man stuck

Ha ha! Sorry to miss it, especially since I just drove down through Montana from Lake Pend Oreille, heading back to Salt Lake. Looking to do a 1031 property Exchange from SoCal to N. Idaho, so too busy to swing by. Super pretty place up there!

hhr126.jpg

Look at that picture! I'd look forward to the going on's during the day - but I'd look forward to most campfires and guitars at night... thinking you'd have to be able to find some of that going on. Bozeman's made the bucket list.

Now you're Mr. Nice Guy! Whaddidya get your meds mixed up?! [biggrin]

Ha... The meds thing. That's pretty good. I actually enjoy being the guy some folks love to hate. Gives me purpose. I'm really just one of the legion that likes Gibson and hopes and wishes the best for them.

I have access to some inside info and like to share it with folks. If I can help you with anything just drop me a line.

From beautiful downtown Bozeman,

Hogeye

Now you're Mr. Nice Guy! Whaddidya get your meds mixed up?! [biggrin]

[/quote

This is uncalled for. I think Hogeye is going "above and beyond". Being nice is never wrong. Anybody that is a veteran and has dogs is ok in my book.

Will be wishing I could be there - have a daughter getting married which limits time and travel. Trying to extract a guitar from the future son-in-law in exchange for my 'blessing', but no results thus far☺

Hogeye.. wish I could be there.. hopefully see you in the next coming month..

Hogeye is a good person.. Known him for years.. and I have Lots of respect for him.. .. he shares alot of wealth and knowledge to this board..

Archived