Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Ain't Going Nowhere

zombywoof

“... Gibson Guitars’ creditors have agreed to a lifeline $135 million restructuring loan that should keep the company going at least until next year.“

Hopefully that time will allow Gibson to get things going in a positive direction. . 🤞

Gibson guitars will never go away,some management may, but good news is good news ...

I agree, of course. But I was concerned with the article pointing out that electronic programming had taken the lead over the guitar in being central to making music.

Seems one paragraph in the article is lifted from a comprehensive and insightful Washington Post article from a year ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/lifestyle/the-slow-secret-death-of-the-electric-guitar/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.51d211d99eaf

some of us (like me) have been saying since day 1.. "Relax,,, Gibson has been around for 100+ years, and probably will be for 100+ more"

easy to over think this stuff, but it all needs to fully play out...

electronic music festivals seems to be "where its at " for some young folk, my 32 year old son has been loving it for quite a while, BUT, guitar music will ALLWAYS be there for those who love it ...

BUT, guitar music will ALLWAYS be there for those who love it ...

But, are there are enough people like us to keep a company like Gibson alive in the long run?

I hope so, but I'm not sure.

Archived