Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L-4S

MMB

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and have signed up for the purpose of posting this topic. I purchased a Gibson L-4S a few years back and am looking for additional insight as to its history as well as potential value. It has sat in my closet for the most part, and I'm considering finding a potential owner that will actually play it :-) Anyway, the original owner definitely gigged with it — it's pretty well-worn. He also modified it somewhat — pickup covers are not original and he replaced tuning keys with Schecters.

The only thing I found online was this post. The photos are not accurate.

It plays really well and is actually a really beautiful guitar. Curious if anyone has any insight. Thanks in advance.

~Mike

post-92817-028618600 1528293162_thumb.jpg

post-92817-097205200 1528293173_thumb.jpg

post-92817-020963400 1528293183_thumb.jpg

post-92817-052626500 1528293193_thumb.jpg

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and have signed up for the purpose of posting this topic. I purchased a Gibson L-4S a few years back and am looking for additional insight as to its history as well as potential value. It has sat in my closet for the most part, and I'm considering finding a potential owner that will actually play it :-) Anyway, the original owner definitely gigged with it — it's pretty well-worn. He also modified it somewhat — pickup covers are not original and he replaced tuning keys with Schecters.

The only thing I found online was this post. The photos are not accurate.

It plays really well and is actually a really beautiful guitar. Curious if anyone has any insight. Thanks in advance.

~Mike

I have one.

I am in UK and got it imported from Music Zoo in 2014. I paid - lots, and then some more import duty and tax.

They were a very limited run, made in 2004; Gibson doesn't release figures so I don't know how many were made but they are rare.

The pickup covers on yours - do they say 'limited edition'? And have you got a COA (Certificate Of Authenticity)?

I use mine on gigs in my 2 bands - I'd buy yours too! Wonderful guitar. The nearest thing to it is the ES139 or the Ronnie Wood L5S but I like mine better.

P1020873.jpg

Best wishes

Thanks JDGM, the vintage sunburst is beautiful! The pickup covers do say "limited edition". The guy I bought this guitar from just popped them on. He said he lost the originals. And sadly, no. I do not have a COA.

I am considering selling, if you're really interested.

I have one.

I am in UK and got it imported from Music Zoo in 2014. I paid - lots, and then some more import duty and tax.

They were a very limited run, made in 2004; Gibson doesn't release figures so I don't know how many were made but they are rare.

The pickup covers on yours - do they say 'limited edition'? And have you got a COA (Certificate Of Authenticity)?

I use mine on gigs in my 2 bands - I'd buy yours too! Wonderful guitar. The nearest thing to it is the ES139 or the Ronnie Wood L5S but I like mine better.

P1020873.jpg

Best wishes

Archived