Gibson Brands Forums

rewire les paul 2014

mghsolo

Hello Gibson members. I have a 2014 Les Paul classic with the boost switch /zebra pickups model. I find the boost switch is noisy through my amp with or without a battery and as I bought this guitar on a great sale price I am considering change to a normal type setup with the 2 tone controls and drop the boost switch all together. In fact with so many pedals on the market I don't see the need for this switch in the Les Paul. But when I bought it I was impressed as it was my first Gibson. So I want a great Blues sounding Les Paul. Not even sure the Zebra pickups are best but to keep any upgrade reasonable price I just want to return the tone control to the tone switch location. plus the bridge pickup is very bright and prefer it was more mellow. In fact maybe I should just lower the pickup from strings too as well as get rid of boost switch? .Gibson seems to have used same hole location so the switch is the same location as tone would be. Any gear Gooroos out there who know best way to change the setup which could be reversed if I sold it later.

Archived