Gibson Brands Forums

1 young woman 2 old 45's 3 cats

E-minor7

Not everyday we hear a Gibson treated like in the start here.

Think she plays a first-half and he has a late-half 1950's J-45.

And they get away fine with this splendid'n'wellknown tune. Mister Dylan should be glad to be alive to see his legacy wander.

2018 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plM4OrpSugM

At least 15 of the pearls from that shrine will shine and travel forever.

I love that recording space! Takes me back....

There's a lot of good things on the walls, too.

This is a really nice version of one of a young Robert Zimmerman's most acerbic tunes.

I love the unexpected way she resolves some of those familiar lines.

Well, every bit of that was just beautiful.

Here's hoping that everyone is able to bump that video to something with some nice playback- as a player of the U Bass who likes to say it's a fine compromise for not having to tote along an upright bass, the soft way that doghouse bass comes into the notes demonstrates how the UBass is not even close.

What is that black solid body electric? Is that what is doing the slide/pedal steel sound?

Thanks for passing that along.

That lady has got a whole lot of talent. I have never seen her but have seen Buddy Miller a few times.

She can rock on Dylan, too. Check this one out, including the pretty awesome electric resonator solo near the end: (nice boots, too.) First time I've heard an electric resonator played with a wahwah. By the way, the David Gillis who plays with her is her father, the Canadian producer, songwriter, and performer. There's a fair amount of talent in that family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5-C2zY-cB8

Archived