Gibson Brands Forums: Pioneer DDJ-SX - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pioneer DDJ-SX

#1 User is offline   McBeat 

• Group: All Access

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

hey guys. I accidentally came across the software deckadance. I was looking for a dj software with which I can work in ableton. I have serato and Traktor and both can not play what DD can, namely directly in my daw. I'm thrilled, but still missing some futures like:
grid midi mapping and several downbeatmarkers.
- I find midi scripting great, but I do not understand everything yet. I have the Pioneer DDJ-SX and have managed to map the jogs with led feedbeck synonymous everything else like loops play etc. with led feedbeck. What I can not do is the seek function. I have looked at several scripts and must say that it is not so easy to find the right one. There are many ways to map it. I miss tutorials for that. I hope you can help me to program it?
Is there a way to import cues from serato or tractor?

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:46 AM

Hi,

The most used command for seeking is the same than you use for the jog ( JOG_A or JOG_B ) but with the difference that the value for the last parameter of the function (scratch sensitivity) is bigger than for the scratch function. I usually use the "shift" function in the different controllers to use the jog for seeking. Below you can find an example but it's for another controller, so that, the values will be different in the case of the DDJ-SX

if(shift > 0) { // seek
  set(JOG_A, value -64.0, -0.003, 0.8);
}
else { // scratch 
  set(JOG_A, value -64.0, -0.003, 0.1);
}

There is another command for seeking called "SEEK_A, SEEK_B..". It takes only one parameter with a float value from 0 to 1. If you pass a zero value then you go to the beginning position of the song, a value of 0.5 will set the position at the middle and a value of 1.0 to the end. Of course, you can use all the values among 0 and 1 (0.1, 0.2, 0.335, ...etc). This command is useful for controllers with a touch strip for seeking purposes.

McBeat said:

Is there a way to import cues from serato or tractor?

No sorry, there isn't any importer yet.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users