Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird Vintage 2016 vs 2018

Bronzestar

Hey friends,

the Bird has finally landed after delivery Problems, puh. But worth the wait! Today i give him another testdrive.

So far i am in love with the guitar. Killer Setup, really Low, like that. Absolute open sounding, no "socks in the soundhole" like the standard ones i played. Sound like my Authentic 41,.....a bit in terms of Airy/openess. Big Fan of that!

There is a bit of glue here and there near the soundhole, but if you ignore that, it is an absolute Killer Deal for 2017 Vintage Bird(2600 Euro finally)

Cant share pics here :-( but i BIG thx to everyone who encouraged me to buy that lovely guitar :-)

!!!

There is a bit of glue here and there near the soundhole, but if you ignore that, it is an absolute Killer Deal for 2017 Vintage Bird(2600 Euro finally)

2017 ?!?, , , makes me wonder which one you got. Probably what we knew as the '16.

Anyway - good to hear it lives up to your expectations. Congratulations.

The right Bird home is a big achievement. Brings a blissful peace over the land. Inside as well in the rooms around.

A shame you can't show photos - it makes things more real for us all.

And you know we never lose lust for bursts. It is like ornithologists studying plumage.

https://imgur.com/a/SyqkTC6

Hope it works :)

Oh maaan, it looks good. The burst seems to be very close to the pre-torrefied versions, which are my personal favorites (compare to my own outdoor shots).

Really like the new faded chrome/ yellowed tulips, , , but I lOVE when the shoulders reach the same hue as the sides on each side of the cream-bindings.

This makes the guitar come together in an completely irresistible way and promises so much for the future. These creatures in 10-15-20 years - wooouww. .

Oh maaan, it looks good. The burst seems to be very close to the pre-torrefied versions, which are my personal favorites (compare to my own outdoor shots).

Really like the new faded chrome/ yellowed tulips, , , but I lOVE when the shoulders reach the same hue as the sides on each side of the cream-bindings.

This makes the guitar come together in an completely irresistible way and promises so much for the future. These creatures in 10-15-20 years - wooouww. .

Thx very much Winger!

Really nice to read that :)

Archived