Gibson Brands Forums

2018 Gibson Les Paul Classic Player Plus

Lussda

Just got this a few days ago. Loving the P90s and the AA Figured Maple Top. The finish is a limited Edition Orange Sunburst (exclusively Canadian). Anyone else own the 2018 Classic Player Plus?

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

WOW [drool] That is absolutely frikken sweet man.. I REALLY like that..

Happy playing [thumbup]

I have an older classic.. A 2002 1960 Classic.. I love it so much I don't need another :)

RRPD0JK.jpg

And this is my flamy LP

Y5oXxDS.jpg

That really is Beautiful! Congrats!

Richlite 'boards are great. The aged amber switch-tip is sweet, too (the LPCPP currently advertised on the L&McQ site has a black 'tip).

Good that Gibson have supplied a Multi-ply 'guard ("To Fit; or Not To Fit? That is the Question..."). If it were mine (and needing a 'guard) I'd be tempted to source a single-ply black 'guard...

Play Long and in Good Health!

Pip.

That really is Beautiful! Congrats!

Richlite 'boards are great. The aged amber switch-tip is sweet, too (the LPCPP currently advertised on the L&McQ site has a black 'tip).

Good that Gibson have supplied a Multi-ply 'guard ("To Fit; or Not To Fit? That is the Question..."). If it were mine (and needing a 'guard) I'd be tempted to source a single-ply black 'guard...

Play Long and in Good Health!

Pip.

Thanks man! The Richlite board feels great. I certainly don't notice any difference (I have a few other rosewood and ebony Gibsons). She came with a black switch, I swapped the tip to the aged-amber, something I do on all my full body Gibsons.

I am still debating about the guard. For now going to enjoy the guitar in its current state but would also consider white pickup covers and gold knobs later on down the road, something like this:

post-92924-053772600 1528799612_thumb.jpg

Thanks man! The Richlite board feels great. I certainly don't notice any difference (I have a few other rosewood and ebony Gibsons). She came with a black switch, I swapped the tip to the aged-amber, something I do on all my full body Gibsons.

I am still debating about the guard. For now going to enjoy the guitar in its current state but would also consider white pickup covers and gold knobs later on down the road, something like this:

post-92924-053772600 1528799612_thumb.jpg

Here's a shot with the black guard (plastic film still on):

IMG_1899.jpg

......I......would also consider white pickup covers and gold knobs later on down the road, something like this...

msp_laugh.gif

Without wishing to derail the thread about your gorgeous guitar too far;

What can I say other than "You are Preaching to the Converted". Here is the '87 P-90 HCSB you posted compared with my own '95 R0. The R0 now has Gold Hat-Box knobs, too, in place of the mirrors she wears here...

v2_87gibsonlespaulp90hcsb2.jpg

v2_Marmalade_lo-res.jpg

I still like the Black Look but the Creme Plastics definitely make it look more Vintage-Style.

Pip.

Archived