Gibson Brands Forums

New milk carton kids

blindboygrunt

Joey ryan from milk carton kids plays a beautiful vintage j45

Keith plays a little Martin but I’ve been a fan since way back

Their new album is due out soon but it seems they’ve discovered John martyn or drugs or both ...

Put the kettle on , have a coffe and drift away to this

They're kinda Simon and Garfunkel with Dave Rawlings rolled into one

Any of their albums I'd highly recommend

This is good, , , and it's genre I dig. Pretty difficult as it proposes for a psychological dimension, which demands honesty thus hole through.

It has to be free and the players must be good enough to rely on control-loss, , , without thinning out or losing it (the hippie-music-trap #1).

Astral Weeks, which I know U rate high, managed all this and probably was among the trailblazers in this field.

I don't believe Dylan ever searched there, , , neither Simon & Garfunkel, who were far to hooked up on stellar songs to emancipate themselves in this direction.

The next tune comin' up, Younger Years, is more S & G-like though - it comes in the vein of solo-Simon's Duncan.

All in all nice - I knew of Milk Cartoon Kids and found them good earlier.

That corny milky cloth around the Martin-neck had an effect too. Category = puristic pr-gimmick de luxe.

I now waltz into Big Time, , , , though it isn't really a waltz, is it. .

Joey ryan from milk carton kids plays a beautiful vintage j45

Keith plays a little Martin but I've been a fan since way back

Their new album is due out soon but it seems they've discovered John martyn or drugs or both ...

Put the kettle on , have a coffe and drift away to this

Whoa.....back in the Haight again!!!!!

Yea I believe like some older lady who was a fan asked him for his dream guitar and I guess he showed her an eBay auction and she bought it for him. I’m pretty sure it’s a 50s.

Well now I wanna throw the albums in the bin

That’s just sickening

Yea I believe like some older lady who was a fan asked him for his dream guitar and I guess he showed her an eBay auction and she bought it for him. I'm pretty sure it's a 50s.

Amazing and completely unique event.

It kind of explains the cloth as well, , , the companion uses it every time the 45-tale makes his tears roll, heaven bless him.

Milk Cartoon Kids, , , what!! , , are we sure they don't mean Cats.

And do they come with brandy. That would bring them up under the sun.

Oh jealousy. Just pure jealousy

At least it's "pure" jealousy. 😀

Back to the original reason for your post, these guys are special. Would love to see them live one day. In addition to Simon and Garfunkel, their voices also remind me of Peter and Gordon, from back in the day. Of course, they are much more adept at playing their guitars than P&G.

I see it now. So for all this time when I have been using a capo I've had harmonics I cant hear affecting the song? Much to the claims of top wrapping on eclectics that is makes it sound different. Maybe. But prolly not.

Yeah. I agree

It’s a bit of a prop

But then again , we’re not touring the world with our music are we ? 😃

Archived