Gibson Brands Forums: Gibson Gold Top - Gibson Brands Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gibson Gold Top

#1 User is offline   mitch120 

  • Newbie
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 12-June 18

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

Hello from Cape Coral Fl. I am new to this forum.
Does anyone know if Gibson will be making chambered gold top guitars for the 2019 lineup, or are any 2018 still around?

Thanks
0

#2 User is offline   4Hayden 

  • Just Jerking Your Chain
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 20261
  • Joined: 10-October 11
  • LocationAbove ground

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:52 AM

Yeah Mitch there all over Ebay , Welcome to the forum



4H
0

#3 User is offline   MichaelT 

  • Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 1101
  • Joined: 22-February 17
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

View Postmitch120, on 13 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Hello from Cape Coral Fl. I am new to this forum.
Does anyone know if Gibson will be making chambered gold top guitars for the 2019 lineup, or are any 2018 still around?

Thanks


I don't know about chambered but even my 2018 Traditional weighs less than my 2017 Goldtop Tribute. The 2018 Goldtop Classics are REALLY nice if you like P90 pickups.
0

#4 User is offline   tx-ogre 

  • Pup Tentacle
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6016
  • Joined: 03-May 16
  • LocationIn My Excentrifugal Forz

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

View PostMichaelT, on 18 June 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

I don't know about chambered but even my 2018 Traditional weighs less than my 2017 Goldtop Tribute. The 2018 Goldtop Classics are REALLY nice if you like P90 pickups.


The 2018 Goldtop Classic is VERY tempting. I have an SG with P-90s and would love to have a Les Paul with P-90s. (I have two Les Pauls with humbuckers.) Combine the P-90s with the Goldtop and I'm fighting a serious GAS attack. [love]

This post has been edited by tx-ogre: 20 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

0

#5 User is offline   LP Trad Pro II 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 486
  • Joined: 31-May 18

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

View Postmitch120, on 13 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Hello from Cape Coral Fl. I am new to this forum.
Does anyone know if Gibson will be making chambered gold top guitars for the 2019 lineup, or are any 2018 still around?

Thanks

Doubt Gibson even knows. They just need to get back to making quality axes and not 103 models of each guitar.
0

#6 User is offline   Retired 

  • The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6657
  • Joined: 15-February 15
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

View Posttx-ogre, on 20 June 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

The 2018 Goldtop Classic is VERY tempting. I have an SG with P-90s and would love to have a Les Paul with P-90s. (I have two Les Pauls with humbuckers.) Combine the P-90s with the Goldtop and I'm fighting a serious GAS attack. [love]



Me too.
My 2007 Gibson Gold Top Standard has Alnico humbuckers, I wish it had P-90's on it. My Custom Pro Epiphone has Burst buckers on it and absolutely love those. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Retired: 04 July 2018 - 06:52 PM

Herman
0

#7 User is offline   tx-ogre 

  • Pup Tentacle
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6016
  • Joined: 03-May 16
  • LocationIn My Excentrifugal Forz

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

View PostRetired, on 04 July 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

Me too.
My 2007 Gibson Gold Top Standard has Alnico humbuckers, I wish it had P-90's on it. My Custom Pro Epiphone has Burst buckers on it and absolutely love those. Posted Image


I have four Gibsons with humbuckers, an Ltd (ESP) with humbuckers, the Gibson SG with P-90s and a 7string Ltd with active EMG pickups (55-7/66-7 set). They all have a unique tone and serve individual purposes. Traditionalists are probably warming up their flame throwers about the active EMG pickups, but I rather like them because the tone is different. (My sster-in-law had a business manufacturing Nomex flame-retardant suits for the "who's who" of race car drivers so I am well protected. [biggrin] )

This post has been edited by tx-ogre: 04 July 2018 - 08:07 PM

0

#8 User is offline   Cougar 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 2979
  • Joined: 14-December 12
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:43 PM

View Postmitch120, on 13 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Does anyone know if Gibson will be making chambered gold top guitars....


Lot of history in that guitar! My old bandmate from the early 70s had a 1957. I think he slept with it. I played with him on the monster mash tour. He was all guitar, all the time. reverb says a 1957 goldtop is worth about $65,000-85,000. He tours with Paul McCartney now. Posted Image

  • 2018 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe 12-string rosewood burst
  • 2011 Guild F50R burst
  • 2002 Guild JF30-12 burst
  • 2014 Martin GPC12PA4 12-string
  • 2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS
  • 1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string burst
  • 2012 Epiphone Dot trans cherry
  • 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber
  • Yamaha Motif XS7
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users