Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Gold Top

mitch120

Hello from Cape Coral Fl. I am new to this forum.

Does anyone know if Gibson will be making chambered gold top guitars for the 2019 lineup, or are any 2018 still around?

Thanks

I don't know about chambered but even my 2018 Traditional weighs less than my 2017 Goldtop Tribute. The 2018 Goldtop Classics are REALLY nice if you like P90 pickups.

I don't know about chambered but even my 2018 Traditional weighs less than my 2017 Goldtop Tribute. The 2018 Goldtop Classics are REALLY nice if you like P90 pickups.

The 2018 Goldtop Classic is VERY tempting. I have an SG with P-90s and would love to have a Les Paul with P-90s. (I have two Les Pauls with humbuckers.) Combine the P-90s with the Goldtop and I'm fighting a serious GAS attack. [love]

Hello from Cape Coral Fl. I am new to this forum.

Does anyone know if Gibson will be making chambered gold top guitars for the 2019 lineup, or are any 2018 still around?

Thanks

Doubt Gibson even knows. They just need to get back to making quality axes and not 103 models of each guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2018 Goldtop Classic is VERY tempting. I have an SG with P-90s and would love to have a Les Paul with P-90s. (I have two Les Pauls with humbuckers.) Combine the P-90s with the Goldtop and I'm fighting a serious GAS attack. [love]

Me too.

My 2007 Gibson Gold Top Standard has Alnico humbuckers, I wish it had P-90's on it. My Custom Pro Epiphone has Burst buckers on it and absolutely love those. rolleyes.gif

Me too.

My 2007 Gibson Gold Top Standard has Alnico humbuckers, I wish it had P-90's on it. My Custom Pro Epiphone has Burst buckers on it and absolutely love those. rolleyes.gif

I have four Gibsons with humbuckers, an Ltd (ESP) with humbuckers, the Gibson SG with P-90s and a 7string Ltd with active EMG pickups (55-7/66-7 set). They all have a unique tone and serve individual purposes. Traditionalists are probably warming up their flame throwers about the active EMG pickups, but I rather like them because the tone is different. (My sster-in-law had a business manufacturing Nomex flame-retardant suits for the "who's who" of race car drivers so I am well protected. [biggrin] )

Does anyone know if Gibson will be making chambered gold top guitars....

Lot of history in that guitar! My old bandmate from the early 70s had a 1957. I think he slept with it. I played with him on the monster mash tour. He was all guitar, all the time. reverb says a 1957 goldtop is worth about $65,000-85,000. He tours with Paul McCartney now. rolleyes.gif

Archived