Gibson Brands Forums

Back To The Studio...

Murph

Me and Owen are going to record a cd of originals.

Again.

This time it will be acoustic. The plan is MOSTLY live. We would like it to represent what we will and can do live, however we may multi-track a few tunes because I play a little dobro, guitar, mandolin and banjo and he plays guitar, mandolin and harp and I don't know if we'll be able to contain ourselves, he11 I play bass and drums too.

A guy heard our stuff and made us an offer we simply can't refuse for Studio time, so this weekend we're brainstorming and next Saturday going in.

We're going to try real hard to keep it plain and simple and do as much live as possible.

Americana, baby.....

Very cool! I agree with doing as much as possible live. The duo CD that Ruby and I (we call ourselves Crossing Canal) recorded featured two guitars, four microphones and the two of us sitting in chairs facing each other. We were usually able to get something useable in three takes.

We weren't nearly as good at playing our instruments as you guys, so we didn't add any overdubs.

Have fun with it!

A guy heard our stuff and made us an offer we simply can't refuse for Studio time, so this weekend we're brainstorming and next Saturday going in....

Excellent! May the tone be with you!

Good on ya, Murph! [thumbup] While I've never much enjoyed a studio environment, playing it live is the way to go for your style........there's just some kind of magic in a live voice and a live acoustic guitar that conjures up energy that overdubbing can not quite capture. Here's hoping you catch some lightening in a bottle! [thumbup]

Archived