Gibson Brands Forums

Bird on the way?

MorrisrownSal

I’m trying again. Remember the gent who bought my Viintage, then sold it because he preferred his TV? I’m buying his TV.

I’ve listed an Eastman E10ss/v and an LG-2AE for sale if anyone wants. :).

I’ll report back in a week.

Grunt.... hold your tongue! One does not question why the weather does what it does.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grunt.... hold your tongue! One does not question why the weather does what it does.....

But I confess to be curious - we are probably more, , , this continuing tale is exciting.

What happened to the one you got in-between, , , the late 90's or something.

It sounded fine in the recordings, but. . .

Do you btw. know the fate of the original torrefied ace ? , , , the one that flew and still keeps you awake all night. .

Damn. When Nid was deciding whether he was going to keep the new HB-V, or the NOS 2012 TV, I was in line to make the trip south to get the TV if his concerns for having a warranty were greater than his interest in the TV (if they sounded similar enough).

Just a little curious how this came out, and how it ends up. Pre-congrats

it's only money and it aint mine... Get er DONE sal...

Money? My printing press has broken down again and the copier at work wont scan my money correctly. So I guess I will just have to stick with my J45.

Going into the right hands Sal! [thumbup]

Sal, I hope this is the Bird you crave and deserve. It took me nine years and four of them to find my two permanent Birds (1990 6 string and 2005 Custom Shop 12er), but it was worth the hunting and waiting. A stellar Bird is unlike anything else out there!

The never-ending search for "the Holy Grail." A journey we've all taken, only to never return.........But, you have to admit----the excitement of thinking you might have finally found it is incredible.....at least until the 771st variation of the J45 is released.........At the moment, I'm thinking about a regular ol' rosewood AJ. Probably not my "holy grail," but it might be, and besides I need it.

Just a little curious how this came out, and how it ends up. Pre-congrats

I recently and unexpectedly acquired a '69 D-35 (last year of Brazilian) and I try to move one out as one comes in. I have a definite preference for slope shoulder dreads, so I'm giving the D-35 the square shoulder spot in the stable. I couldn't live without a Gibson hog though, so I picked up a slightly beat up '96 Southern Jumbo yesterday for a great price.

The Bird going to Sal is wonderful. It had to be to keep it over his excellent 2016 Vintage. In addition to sounding and playing great, it has this wonderful cinnamon-like smell to the back and sides...the benefit of being a 2012 guitar unboxed in 2017.

Here's the old link of the a/b I did at the time I had both Birds.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/135858-hummingbird-vintage-and-hummingbird-tv/page__hl__nid2007

I recently and unexpectedly acquired a '69 D-35 (last year of Brazilian) and I try to move one out as one comes in. I have a definite preference for slope shoulder dreads, so I'm giving the D-35 the square shoulder spot in the stable. I couldn't live without a Gibson hog though, so I picked up a slightly beat up '96 Southern Jumbo yesterday for a great price.

The Bird going to Sal is wonderful. It had to be to keep it over his excellent 2016 Vintage. In addition to sounding and playing great, it has this wonderful cinnamon-like smell to the back and sides...the benefit of being a 2012 guitar unboxed in 2017.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/135858-hummingbird-vintage-and-hummingbird-tv/page__hl__nid2007

Unexpected Brazilian sounds good. . . "Brazilian gets the square" (spot in the roost).

Thanks for scaring up that thread- it was an enjoyable revisit. Forgot that it was the 2012 NOS TV that had the warranty. That photo of the two 'birds up against the couch really shows the difference in the two bursts.

http://forum.gibson....ge__hl__nid2007

Thanx for bringing the March 2017 thread up again - this whole manuscript is highly entertaining.

What will happen next - when Sal gets behind the TV. We'll see, , , and hopefully hear. .

Congrats on the 35 btw. Very decent and honorable guitars.

The in between sold locally... a musician bought it three towns over... I’ve been lucky with the two in between birds... I bought them right and sold them right.

I WANT the right bird.

I hope this Bird works. I met nid when he came to my home and bought my Vintage. He knows guitars, and just a good dude. This came about when I saw his for sale ad on AGF this morning, and just mobilized. I am really hoping this circle has some Karma :)

The in between sold locally... a musician bought it three towns over... I've been lucky with the two in between birds... I bought them right and sold them right.

I WANT the right bird.

I hope this Bird works. I met nid when he came to my home and bought my Vintage. He knows guitars, and just a good dude. This came about when I saw his for sale ad on AGF this morning, and just mobilized. I am really hoping this circle has some Karma :)

Understood - still, what was lacking in 90's inbetweener.

In the March 2017 thread, the TV gets a lot of praise. You might be on track. Look forward to follow the comin' chapter.

Under all circumstances It'll be hot.

Allow me to mention the Acoustic Monk has 2 from the spring of that same year ('12). Very different, but both magnific.

To recapitulate your tale -

The great Vintage

The Standard (went to your son)

The one from the early or late 90's

and now the 2012 True Vintage

As I recall it anyway (maybe the Std. came in first).

The in between sold locally... a musician bought it three towns over... I’ve been lucky with the two in between birds... I bought them right and sold them right.

I WANT the right bird.

I'm fairly new around here despite what my joined date says. Please pardon if I missed it somewhere. What's the "right bird" in your mind?

1529581436[/url]' post='1941694']

I'm fairly new around here despite what my joined date says. Please pardon if I missed it somewhere. What's the "right bird" in your mind?

That’s different for everyone...

For me I was lucky with my Hummingbird Vintage. And I sold it to make room for a custom Martin D18 I ordered. (Love the Martin, will always have it). I have regretted that sale.

How do I verbally describe the right Bird for me? Warmth. Throaty. Crisp yet Sweet and never harsh. Possessing a Bass a little stronger than the average Standard. The descriptions are tough. And a standard can be better than a TV... you just don’t know.

Archived