Gibson Brands Forums

Off to Wildwood today...

Jinder

After months of waiting and sitting on my hands, I’m finally in Colorado and off to pick up my Maple AJ from Wildwood today. Setting off from my sister’s place in Centennial to make the 1hr journey to the store very shortly.

Excited doesn’t even cover it! Will report back...

After months of waiting and sitting on my hands, I’m finally in Colorado and off to pick up my Maple AJ from Wildwood today. Setting off from my sister’s place in Centennial to make the 1hr journey to the store very shortly.

Colorado has some nice 21 and over stores. I know I had fun in Washington State when I was there.

Cool. So you came all the way across the pond to get a guitar. That is hardcore.

Colorado has some nice 21 and over stores. I know I had fun in Washington State when I was there.

Cool. So you came all the way across the pond to get a guitar. That is hardcore.

I'm a big fan of the favorable laws in both of those states [thumbup]

My Sister-in-Law lives in Centennial. But I always get confused when I hear the name Wildwood Music as we have one here in Ohio as well. Great place to go particularly if you are into Martins. I have, however, heard they will be shutting their doors next December.

Anyway, best of luck with the new toy.

My Sister-in-Law lives in Centennial. But I always get confused when I hear the name Wildwood Music as we have one here in Ohio as well. Great place to go particularly if you are into Martins. I have, however, heard they will be shutting their doors next December.

Anyway, best of luck with the new toy.

I have the same problem. Wildwood Music gets some great Martin customs.

Wildwood Music (Ohio)

and

Wildwood Guitars (Colorado)

Too close.

How very exciting! Plus!

(but maybe tell them to bring your guitar out to the car park - what a dangerous shop!)

BluesKing777.

I have the same problem. Wildwood Music gets some great Martin customs.

Wildwood Music (Ohio)

and

Wildwood Guitars (Colorado)

Too close.

Just to stoke the confusion ... the best Martin I ever played was a Wildwood (Guitars) custom.

Sorry for the late reply, all...I haven’t been able to put the guitar down!!

The AJ is incredible, all I had hoped for and more. Beautiful, loud, woody, very powerful and sweet. An absolute gem.

Bruce at Wildwood made the buying experience just fantastic. Superlative customer service from start to finish-I’d recommend a visit to Wildwood to anyone, fantastic store and great people!

First song played was The Road To Ensenada, the old Lyle Lovett tune.

Pics will follow tomorrow-I’m still jetlagged so must get some sleep. Well...maybe after one more song!

...I'm finally in Colorado and off to pick up my Maple AJ from Wildwood today.....

Wait a minute. You mean the "2015 Custom Shop Advanced Jumbo Maple (Ltd to 65)" you list in your sig? Is this the same as a 2015 custom shop stained red J45 flamed maple limited run to 65? I ask because I just bought one off reverb! My first Gibson! Good to hear you're happy with yours! I'll be getting mine next week... and supplying the requisite proof with a NGD. Cheers and more cheers!

Wait a minute. You mean the "2015 Custom Shop Advanced Jumbo Maple (Ltd to 65)" you list in your sig? Is this the same as a 2015 custom shop stained red J45 flamed maple limited run to 65? I ask because I just bought one off reverb! My first Gibson! Good to hear you're happy with yours! I'll be getting mine next week... and supplying the requisite proof with a NGD. Cheers and more cheers!

The AJ is a slightly different beast (Adirondack Spruce top, AJ specific bracing, long scale neck, different inlays and a natural finish) but both are of course round shoulder dreadnoughts and from the same range of limited editions that Gibson released that year. In my experience, the Custom shop runs from 2004-2016 were generally very high quality and nicely put together. I have three (2005 Hummingbird 12, 2014 J180 and 2016 AJ Custom Flame), all limited editions and all an absolute joy.

Archived