Gibson Brands Forums

Off to Wildwood today...

Jinder

Sorry for the late reply, all...I haven't been able to put the guitar down!!

The AJ is incredible, all I had hoped for and more. Beautiful, loud, woody, very powerful and sweet. An absolute gem.

Bruce at Wildwood made the buying experience just fantastic. Superlative customer service from start to finish-I'd recommend a visit to Wildwood to anyone, fantastic store and great people!

First song played was The Road To Ensenada, the old Lyle Lovett tune.

Pics will follow tomorrow-I'm still jetlagged so must get some sleep. Well...maybe after one more song!

LOVE that song - congrats

I'm curious...

How are you getting it "Home"

I took the plunge and bought an SKB iSeries military grade flightcase-it’s made for an SJ200 (the Dreadnought model didn’t fit the AJ) but with a little extra packing material the AJ snuggled into it perfectly. It survived the flight in excellent shape, I flew in to Gatwick this morning and all was fine. The case will be super useful as it’ll take all of my dreads, my J180 and SJ200 with different packing tweaks and is an absolutely bulletproof road warrior of a case!

I took the plunge and bought an SKB iSeries military grade flightcase-it’s made for an SJ200 (the Dreadnought model didn’t fit the AJ) but with a little extra packing material the AJ snuggled into it perfectly. It survived the flight in excellent shape, I flew in to Gatwick this morning and all was fine. The case will be super useful as it’ll take all of my dreads, my J180 and SJ200 with different packing tweaks and is an absolutely bulletproof road warrior of a case!

Great news That is one EXTREME piece of CASE..

my sons guitar player uses one for when they travel to shows and they need to fly there and back. It's one for an electric but the same situation.

Great news That is one EXTREME piece of CASE..

Wow, had not seen these before.... 23 pounds! I'm sure it provides maximum protection. Still happy with my Hiscox Pro II that weighs in at 10 pounds. :)

The case is immense! Big and heavy but I’d confidently fly with anything inside it.

Hiscox stuff is brilliant too, although it was a Hiscox Liteflite Artist case that my pal Billy’s J45 died in on the way back from Canada...no idea what happened to it, but both case and guitar were crushed to bits 😳

I just love everything about this story.

Thanks, BB!! Me too 🙂

The only slightly sour note was that the wedding gig itself (that the guitar was payment for!) was cancelled-the couple split two weeks before the date of the wedding. But the plane tickets and guitar were bought and paid for, so they kindly offered for me to fly out and collect the guitar as promised...I demurred, they insisted, so i ended up flying out to spend ten days with my American family, collect the guitar, find myself a flight case and then fly home.

It was a lovely trip, and one that I’m extremely grateful for!

....The only slightly sour note was that the wedding gig itself (that the guitar was payment for!) was cancelled-the couple split two weeks before the date of the wedding.....

Oh wow! Well, I guess that's better than a divorce after a couple of months.... Glad they held up their end of the bargain with you!

Thanks, BB!! Me too 🙂

The only slightly sour note was that the wedding gig itself (that the guitar was payment for!) was cancelled-the couple split two weeks before the date of the wedding. But the plane tickets and guitar were bought and paid for, so they kindly offered for me to fly out and collect the guitar as promised...I demurred, they insisted, so i ended up flying out to spend ten days with my American family, collect the guitar, find myself a flight case and then fly home.

It was a lovely trip, and one that I’m extremely grateful for!

Crazy about the wedding being cancelled! Glad you still got paid with the guitar and a nice trip.

We went to the wedding of a daughter of a buddy of mine. One year later they divorced. Cancelling the whole darn thing would have been the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't care for Maple B/S normally, but I was able to play a Wildwood Iron Mountain AJ with Maple B/S one time with friends and we were all blown away by it! I had to work in UT an MT an the plan was to swing down to Wildwood which I looked forward to for months and then bc of schedule had to drive by it on a Sunday (closed) still bummed.

Archived