Gibson Brands Forums

Cool Change

BluesKing777

A song for the boaties.....

Here is a test tack of a number of items.....a pop ballad from the 70s from Glenn Shorrock that I played on my Lowden S35. And not a blues note in sight....

(There is no mic on the guitar - it is the guitar's pickup run through my Tonedexter. There is no backing vocalist - it is Robbie Robot from the harmony section of my Boss VE8.)

BluesKing777.

Thanks Billroy!

Now thinkng back, it has taken Robbie quite a while to sing harmony. Now in the early 90s, I trained a band’s members to roughly harmonise with the unharmonisable (Me!) and while they sounded superb ar rehearsals, gig time was a miserable failure and they all turned chicken with stage fright and moved lips with no sound coming out the expensive mics I set up for them. That band fell apart after we got fired by the publican that I represented my band as a harmony group to... [wink]

So I first got Robbie going soonafter and while drums, piano, bass, horn sections were a breeze to him, the harmony singing was....worse than the band. [sad]

But last year, digital chippery reached a power needed to do many new tasks and when I loaded one to Robbie, lookout, he can sing harmony! :)

BluesKing777.

Archived