Gibson Brands Forums

2018 J-45 AG Antique Burst :)

Biowolf78

Hello everyone, im new to the forums!

I wanted everyone's input on the new J-45 AG series. I ordered my very first Gibson acoustic, last night, and im super excited. What have you all heard about this guitar? Do you think it compares to the J-45 standard? I compared the specs, and all I see is a difference in Walnut vs Mahogany in certain areas. Unfortunately, I have nowhere that I could haves tested out the guitar, locally.

Im super excited!

post-93170-060291000 1529690292_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Forum! Nice place to hang around.

Sorry but I have no opinion on the J-45 AG. Don't own one and have never even got my hands on one. It may be that I am a bit too set in my Old School ways but I think everybody should cut their teeth on a regular old mahogany body J-45. They remain what all the variations out there will ultimately be compared to.

I played the whole series at NAMM in 2016 when they first came out as the HP (High Performance) line.

These are great guitars .The response is very quick (shallow body depth on this series) and from the sound is very focused and punchy.

The Richlite seems to work fine on this series (haven't played anything from the regular line with Richlite)

Only a few have RL board and bridge .I believe your J45 will have walnut B&B. Fine guitars in their own right

JC

Archived