Gibson Brands Forums

Toggle switch cap

newfiesig

Originally, of course, the '50s and '60 Les Pauls had cream switch-tips.

Most have simply darkened to an amber colour with the passage of time.

Pip.

Cool, I didn't know that. I assumed they were amber stock.

So just the switch-tips darkened, but not the pickup rings?

Cool, I didn't know that. I assumed they were amber stock.

So just the switch-tips darkened, but not the pickup rings?

If you are seriously considering boarding the good ship 'Slippery Slope' there is an 11 page / 413 post thread over on the Les Paul Forum website comparing the differences in plastic parts offered by Gibson USA, Gibson Historic and the dozens of other aftermarket plastic replacement parts manufacturers. WARNING : Your head will be spinning and your brain will be desperately trying to shut you down before you get half-way through. Some of those very knowledgeable folks have redefined the phrase 'Attention To Detail'...

Pip.

Uh oh, you've opened up the Tone Is In The Plastic can of worms.

Just you wait until they start analysing "Which species of animal makes for the best Hot Hide Glue?..."...

They are, genuinely, a lovely, friendly and VERY well informed bunch over there and I almost sort of wish I had the opportunity of being able to spend more of both my time and my money in 'The Hunting of the Snark 1959 Les Paul Standard' but life, somehow, always seems to get in my way.

Pip.

@ newfiesig,

If you are interested I can send you the Gibson Historic switch tip and the Gibson Custom shop Switchcraft nut, let me know (very cool price)

guitare-gibson-sg-players-club-386887-52450-e9686488c0-2d98.jpg

Thanks for the offer, but I already picked up the amber tip. Besides tuners (and polishing the headstock) that's the only mod I'm going to make.

Cheers

Archived