Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday song by BBG , j45 historic

blindboygrunt

Here’s my go at Jeffrey Foucault song stripping cane

Feel free to critique and hurl abuse

Martin sp strings have sounded great but they’re dyign on me now as Martin strings tend to do unfortunately

I did like them but are getting ‘stiff’ ? For want of a better word

I really enjoyed that! Have you tried John Pearse pure nickel acoustic strings on that guitar yet? My J45HC works really well with them, and our right hand approaches are similar enough that I think you might really like them. I still think the J45 Historic Collection is an underrated treasure and every time I play mine I am just so grateful to have it. Yours sounds lovely and is the essential accompanist's instrument.

I really enjoyed that! Have you tried John Pearse pure nickel acoustic strings on that guitar yet? My J45HC works really well with them, and our right hand approaches are similar enough that I think you might really like them. I still think the J45 Historic Collection is an underrated treasure and every time I play mine I am just so grateful to have it. Yours sounds lovely and is the essential accompanist's instrument.

Cool.

Thanks for the kind words

Never tried nickel strings. I will add them to the mental list for next purchase

Have had John pearse strings before but they were just 80/20’s or Pb , can’t remember now. They were good strings but not any better than the regular daddarrios or Gibson strings and had an extra couple of £’s . Couldn’t see the extra money in them

I got the SP martins under Jinder’s recommendation and was well impressed when I put them on. But the reason I never buy Martin strings is they just seem to die , suddenly .. these did the same. No warning , like a zippo lighter. Fantastic then all of a sudden - gone

-- how can you play a guitar with out a truss rod cover, what are we ... barbarians!!!

HAHAHA!

Kidding!

I always love your takes on covers you share w/us, this is not an exception. Nice work Stu!

-- how can you play a guitar with out a truss rod cover, what are we ... barbarians!!!

HAHAHA!

Kidding!

I always love your takes on covers you share w/us, this is not an exception. Nice work Stu!

When you can play and sing like that, you can overlook the smaller things.

of course,, that really was 100% intended just a joke about the truss rod cover,, some levity to keep things light... right ????

Oh I totally knew what you meant and how you meant it 👍

Just thought I’d say the reason for no cover

I never think about it but maybe I should get little screws and put it back on

of course,, that really was 100% intended just a joke about the truss rod cover,, some levity to keep things light... right ????

I knew you were joking 🙃. I was giving Stu extra kudos for a brilliantly done cover.

Oh I totally knew what you meant and how you meant it 👍

Just thought I’d say the reason for no cover

I never think about it but maybe I should get little screws and put it back on

oh!! NOT THAT!! Well they are not "easy" to find..

I think it sounds better without a cover anyway,, really,, it makes a huge difference.. don-cha-know...!

(yes, STILL kidding...)

Archived