Gibson Brands Forums

Good Use For Spent High E Strings

zombywoof

Finally found a use for old strings - at least the high E other than using the brass barrel ends for making bracelets. They make great electrical lines for a model railroad. Only problem is I would have to keep expanding the layout if I want to keep the use up.

Not a bad idea - like scale-train-tableaus a lot.

Then we have the cheese-slicer option, , , and if getting near food is out if the Q, clay-ditto for ceramic fun or X-mas-decorations waits in line. .

Third solution is to boil them and re-string the guitar. Never underestimate that old trick for the right occasions.

Finally found a use for old strings - at least the high E other than using the brass barrel ends for making bracelets. They make great electrical lines for a model railroad. Only problem is I would have to keep expanding the layout if I want to keep the use up.

Model railroads or guitars---------don't know which I've spent the most on. Probably be shocked if I was given the amount I've spent over the years. And if my wife knew, killing me would be one of the nicer things she did.

Model railroads or guitars---------don't know which I've spent the most on. Probably be shocked if I was given the amount I've spent over the years. And if my wife knew, killing me would be one of the nicer things she did.

It would be a close one. Like guitars, electric trains start off innocently enough. My father bought our first Lionels in 1952 right after getting out of the service for a second time. I carted that set all over the country and still have it. Lets just say it has grown considerably over the decades. Where we are now living may prove particularly hard on our pocketbook. One of the best hobby stores in the region is right next door to one of the best guitar shops. Go figure.

Archived