Gibson Brands Forums

Gimme Somthin' Good (Ryans cover ..)

EuroAussie

Yes, yes I know ... Ive been quiet here, but im still lurking and sometimes posting.

A lot going on in my life in other places, but music is still the constant factor, and gigging around the bars of Prague.

Anyways, got a bit motivated tonite, got the Southern Jumbo out and had a rough go at this Ryan Adams simple but lovelly tune.

Its still pretty rough, it was a first take phrasing needs more work and timing, but thought Id share here at least as its been donkeys.

cheers,

EA

ps: best through headphones i think

Lots of progression/expression there - strength and courage too.

Keep the curve climbing ^

Cheers Em7 - getting more confidence on the vocals these days and learning how to use my voice in a more expressive manner.

Dare I say these days I probably enjoy sining more than playing guitar even .... :rolleyes:

I just had a listen, and I think that was just about the best thing you have ever posted here. I liked it a lot, and it is very inspirational for me to hear your very obvious development as a singer in the last few years. I can only hope my own singing can follow your learning curve one day.

Lars

I just had a listen, and I think that was just about the best thing you have ever posted here. I liked it a lot, and it is very inspirational for me to hear your very obvious development as a singer in the last few years. I can only hope my own singing can follow your learning curve one day.

Lars

Thanks a lot Lars, thats very kind. Its real gradual process. Repetition, observation and fiddling. Every month i learn discover something new with my voice and try to put it into songs, its slow but rewarding journey. Im sure you can relate to it, just oberve the nuances, whats going and eventually it starts to stick and you can play around with it, experiment and put your personality into it.

Archived