Gibson Brands Forums: Introducing Gibson Guitar’s 2019 Line - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introducing Gibson Guitar’s 2019 Line Video

#1 User is offline   Leonard McCoy 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:51 AM

Since no one has posted about it yet, I think it's about time.

Gibson have posted a video on Twitter of their 2019 line-up including acoustics.

The video of the line-up is to be had here: https://twitter.com/...339438897287168
2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard Ebony (Left-handed)
2002 Gibson "Goldtone" GA-15RV
1990 Ovation Legend L717 (A-bracing)

Finely transcribed Cat Stevens Guitar Tabs (fan project)

"Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history
was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now."—Jol Dantzig, founder of Hamer Guitars

#2 User is offline   Beerad12 

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:06 AM

I like the natural finished flying v and explorer. Two years in a row now where the firebird has grover tuners on them. I think that's a miss. Wonder why they aren't using the sternberg's anymore. It will be interesting to see what the pricing looks like when they finally hit the market.

#3 User is offline   Wild Bill 212 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationN E USA/S E ASIA

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

Out of 7 'SG's I counted: 2 had no pick-guard, 4 had the large pick-guards and only one had the original '61 Angel-Wing pick-guard. I do not get it, why GIBSON ever changed/did away with the smaller Angel-Wing pick-guard on the 'SG'......nothin' else, no PG or large PG, looks as good on the 'SG', IMO, as the Angel-Wing pick-guard.

The one EXPLORER, the 2nd one with the black pick-guard looked like it was missing a Volume Control and has the toggle switch where the 2nd Volume Control would be......??

I wish GIBSON USA would make a FIREBIRD with Hum-Bucker's & raised Center-Block...... I can only wish.

#4 User is offline   Beerad12 

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:09 PM

Wild Bill 212, on 29 June 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

Out of 7 'SG's I counted: 2 had no pick-guard, 4 had the large pick-guards and only one had the original '61 Angel-Wing pick-guard. I do not get it, why GIBSON ever changed/did away with the smaller Angel-Wing pick-guard on the 'SG'......nothin' else, no PG or large PG, looks as good on the 'SG', IMO, as the Angel-Wing pick-guard.

The one EXPLORER, the 2nd one with the black pick-guard looked like it was missing a Volume Control and has the toggle switch where the 2nd Volume Control would be......??

I wish GIBSON USA would make a FIREBIRD with Hum-Bucker's & raised Center-Block...... I can only wish.

I wonder if those are a studio version of the v and explorer. One volume, on tone, and selector switch. I know that last firebird is a studio so maybe they have them grouped together. I interested to see the pricing for the new line.

A few years back USA did have a three pickup (full size humbuckers) firebird VII in Pelham blue that had the traditional neck through & wings design. A very nice looking guitar.

This post has been edited by Beerad12: 30 June 2018 - 07:09 PM

#5 User is offline   LP Trad Pro II 

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:06 AM

Guitars do not need to be green or blue.

#6 User is offline   sjl200 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationBridgeton, MO.

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:22 PM

Sez the man with the red guitar😳🙉🙈🙊
18 Guild M-20
17 Gibson Doves-in-Flight Autumn Burst
12 Gibson J45 Purevoice
12 Gibson Sheryl Crow Model A Southern Jumbo Special edition
13 Gibson J45 Custom Mystic RW w/ Trance Audio Amulet MVT
12 Epiphone Allen Woody Bass
10 Gibson J45 Fullers Vintage Tri-burst
06 Gibson ES-335 DOT-Beale Street Blue
05 Takamine EGC 531SSC-12
98 Gibson SJ-200
86 Martin J-40M
61 Rickenbacker 450 Combo Fireglow
Bose Model II w/ B2 bass module and Tone Match
Music Man 212-sixty five
Fender Acoustic SFX

#7 User is offline   LP Trad Pro II 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

View Postsjl200, on 11 July 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

Sez the man with the red guitar��������

I said blue and green not red. The red on my BB King is killer. I think I play faster. It's like a Ferrari Red. And to be technical the LP color is called Merlot for you wine snobs.

This post has been edited by LP Trad Pro II: 12 July 2018 - 09:23 AM

#8 User is offline   darling67 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

View PostWild Bill 212, on 29 June 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

Always been a fan of the "half-face" pick guard on SGs. If I've ever bought an SG that came without a pick guard, first thing I do is send off a template to have one custom-made for it!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users