Gibson Brands Forums

Double mic stand

uncle fester

Hi all - Does anyone have experience or recommendations with double microphone stands (ones that have 2 booms), one for a vocal mic and one to mic the guitar? I was thinking it would reduce the number of things to set up, but wondered if stability would be too much of a problem? Also - when I searched on the web, I only saw a few cheesy attachment options, I couldn't find anything that looked very stable. Thanks for any input.

Rgds - billroy

I have a couple of them.

I like 'em.

You have to set things up just so, and make sure you have the microphones on them when setting the heights and distances.

It takes a bit more time to get it just right, but it's a good investment in your time and money, for sure.

[tongue]

I have a couple of them.

I like 'em.

You have to set things up just so, and make sure you have the microphones on them when setting the heights and distances.

It takes a bit more time to get it just right, but it's a good investment in your time and money, for sure.

[tongue]

thank you, what brand do you use? Rgds - billroy

thank you, what brand do you use? Rgds - billroy

Musician's Gear is the brand.

Fairly inexpensive.

You can set them up for vocal mic high/guitar mic low, and also for two vocalist's side-by side at equal heights.

In the case of two vocalist's, you must spread the 'V' fairly far apart (beyond 45 degrees) or else you get a tipping-over issue.

[unsure]

rBVaJFkXFz-AHF74AADtBz9LrKA748.jpg

Unless you hold your playing position perfectly still all the time I find the dual purpose stand aggravating. Even though you have to truck another setup around it gives a player the option of changing and adjusting position continuously, especially for playing while standing. I tried both ways and found the comfort of being able to move around more is my preference.

What about one of those gooseneck flexi type add ons?

Also, if the whole contraption if going to tip over, set up so that it falls toward a sleepy audience member in the first row or first table, not towards a. You, b. Your guitar c. Your amp. d. Your mixer e. Your duo partner.... [rolleyes]

BluesKing777.

Ok, I haven't gigged out much (not much at all... or ever), so not sure how this would fly, but I was thinking if I just screwed the feet of the stand to the floor, it wouldn't tip over. I'd need to bring a power drill along with everything else - but that's smaller than a second mic stand.

Really though, from this thread, there's things out there that would do the job, but tipping over is a real concern. So for my imaginary gigging life, i'll stay with 2 mic stands to start and if the imaginary voices in my head say it's too much work to set up for my imaginary gigs, i'll figure something else out then. I am close to a gig though, I can feel it.

What about one of those gooseneck flexi type add ons?

Also, if the whole contraption if going to tip over, set up so that it falls toward a sleepy audience member in the first row or first table, not towards a. You, b. Your guitar c. Your amp. d. Your mixer e. Your duo partner.... [rolleyes]

BluesKing777.

I think the trick would be to do a pseudo 'who' thing, have it tip over (on purpose but have it look like an accident) and trigger a fireworks display. No instrument destruction though, but maybe a little bit of chaos to close things out :)

Archived