Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

jannusguy2

I've picked up a couple of 00 custom Martins. Very fond of this size now. Lots of tone, sustain and depth. I didn't care for the Blues King I had several years ago and was thinking it might be the same with these but turned out not to be the case. I have a feeling it has to do with the woods invloved, though. Whatever the case may be, these are keepers. The burst is standard scale in Adi/Koa with 1 11/16" nut and the other is short scale in Adi/Madagascar with 1 3/4" nut.

00-28-Koa_1_zpswtz7cck2.jpg

00-28-Koa_6_grande_zpssu0ejuxg.jpg

IMG_1203_zpssme4kqqd.jpg

IMG_1204_zpsmkzons2d.jpg

Whoa, those are lookers. If there is one thing you have to give Martin it is rare to see one that does not have a top made with perfectly quatersawn lumber. I have never been able to make peace with 00 Martins. I have tried but no luck. I have been toying with the idea of one of those Jeff Tweedy models. A nearby store had two NOS 2016 guitars last I looked so were more than willing to cut me a deal. I just may have to drop by there next week. If nothing else there is a great Turkish eating place right around the corner.

Whoa, those are lookers. If there is one thing you have to give Martin it is rare to see a guitar one that does not have a top made with perfectly quatersawn lumber. I have never been able to make peace with 00 Martins. I have tried but no luck. I have been toying with the idea of one of those Jeff Tweedy models. A nearby store had two NOS 2016 guitars last I looked so were more than willing to cut me a deal. I just may have to drop by there next week. If nothing else there is a great Turkish eating place right around the corner.

I considered one of those Tweedys but was put off by the deep body spec and hog top. If I was going to go all hog, I'd likely look for an old (40s/50s) 00-17.

I'm a sucker for flamed koa. That's nice looking.

Even though I have one (000-28EC), I wish Martin would put smaller burst on their tops.

I recently picked up one of their Performing Artist necks. I like them.

I've found their 0000 models to be very comfortable.

I considered one of those Tweedys but was put off by the deep body spec and hog top.

That is exactly what sold me on the model! Different strokes.

For a different palette I just picked up a 000-18 Norman Blake. Your new acquisitions look spectacular!

Is that bbg's favorite table in the second set of photos? 😀

That is exactly what sold me on the model! Different strokes.

For a different palette I just picked up a 000-18 Norman Blake. Your new acquisitions look spectacular!

Is that bbg's favorite table in the second set of photos? 😀

That is the second generation guitar photo coffee table!

Archived