Gibson Brands Forums

Going to see The Stones for FIRST time on Wednesday ..

EuroAussie

Is it going to be great .. ?

Will be 31c, hot summer night and Czech beer to get us in the mood.

I'm sure it will be great! I have never seen them, but would really like to one day. I might need to hurry up, though.

Lars

Something tells me it's not too late. Might be too hot, but evening will fall and maybe chill things down. Hopefully not the concert.

I once heard U2 in a hall during mid-summer. The heat was so heavy everyone felt it as a 'circumstance', which could lead to a 'situation'.

When the band started a full light-wall behind them was turned on and after 2 or 3 songs everyone in the building was soaking wet from in to out.

However The Edge still wore his black knit-cap and Bono ran around as usual.

A few people fainted and were carried out, , , apart from that the show went on, , , ,

miraculously good and strong like a desert landscape survived by oases of coool beer. . .

Keep rockin' and have a terrific gig.

Tell us how it unfolded. .

Just saw a few pics from perhaps yesterday. Wood has his flaming J-200 in action.

Should be a good show! I saw them in '75......Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City. Ronnie Wood's first tour with the band. It was June and hot! in that open stadium. By the time the Stones came on stage (behind the Eagles, Chaka Khan and others) in the evening, the crowd was wasted on booze and assorted illegal substances, sunburned and exhausted......a long day in the sun!

Something tells me it's not too late. Might be too hot, but evening will fall and maybe chill things down. Hopefully not the concert.

I once heard U2 in a hall during mid-summer. The heat was so heavy everyone felt it as a 'circumstance', which could lead to a 'situation'.

When the band started a full light-wall behind them was turned on and after 2 or 3 songs everyone in the building was soaking wet from in to out.

However The Edge still wore his black knit-cap and Bono ran around as usual.

A few people fainted and were carried out, , , apart from that the show went on, , , ,

miraculously good and strong like a desert landscape survived by oases of coool beer. . .

Keep rockin' and have a terrific gig.

Tell us how it unfolded. .

Just saw a few pics from perhaps yesterday. Wood has his flaming J-200 in action.

Not worried about the heat, by evening time it should be around 23c, in other words perfect, more worried about getting a good spot with 80,000 other punters, its an outdoor venue.

Should be a good show! I saw them in '75......Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City. Ronnie Wood's first tour with the band. It was June and hot! in that open stadium. By the time the Stones came on stage (behind the Eagles, Chaka Khan and others) in the evening, the crowd was wasted on booze and assorted illegal substances, sunburned and exhausted......a long day in the sun!

Now that would be great to go back in time, I have a feeling given the liberal laws in this country the situation might not be all that different ... :rolleyes:

This is going to be great.

Yeeeaaarh man, this is gonna something extra.

I also saw them playing before 85.000 attenders in a field in 2006.

It was an event of biblical dimensions as the field continued behind the stage where the sky generated grey-white-dark-light graphic cloud-imagery while the sun went down.

We ended standing in front of a distant, but central speaker-tower - sounded great.

Midnight Rambler was among the best pieces of rock I ever heard. It came across in a drama of roaring blue lightning & thunder.

May I recommend small sips of whisky as you roll. .

And if it gets crowded send a thought to Hyde Park 1969. Between 3 and 400.000 people gathered there that historic 5th of July.

Yeeeaaarh man, this is gonna something extra.

I also saw them playing before 85.000 attenders in a field in 2006.

It was an event of biblical dimensions as the field continued behind the stage where the sky generated grey-white-dark-light graphic cloud-imagery while the sun went down.

We ended standing in front of a distant, but central speaker-tower - sounded great.

Midnight Rambler was among the best pieces of rock I ever heard. It came across in a drama of roaring blue lightning & thunder.

May I recommend small sips of whisky as you roll. .

And if it gets crowded send a thought to Hyde Park 1969. Between 3 and 400.000 people gathered there that historic 5th of July.

I just looked and it said they are playing at an Airport in Prague. WTF. Who plays an airport and why are The Stones playing an Airport?

I can't get no no no no ... duck Mick a 757 is landing... satisfaction.

I just looked and it said they are playing at an Airport in Prague. WTF. Who plays an airport and why are The Stones playing an Airport?

Its not an aiport, its just a green piece of turf on the last metro line in Prague. Not sure why they call it airport.

All the big boys play there, in last two years AC/DC. Robbie, and in last month Ozzy and Iron Maiden.

Still .. if it was an aiport Bruce Diokinson could land his Eddie the Beast 747 right on the strip and get straight on stage.

Listen for Charlie Watts on percussion, he's been carrying the Stone in live shows since day one. Charlie sits in the background, each time I've seen the Stones he comes to the foreground in what I hear, best ever. have a large time

Listen for Charlie Watts on percussion, he's been carrying the Stone in live shows since day one. Charlie sits in the background, each time I've seen the Stones he comes to the foreground in what I hear, best ever. have a large time

Him and Ringo have had and have the greatest jobs ever.

Watts is and always was a key-factor to the Stones-vibe'n'swing.

Dylan goes as far as claiming there's no Rolling Stones without him.

It's that semi-odd stiff British way of doin' it, , , and of course the missing hi-hat beats.

Still, , , , there was a time where they added a second drummer live. Think it was in the absolutely late 70's.

Everyone seems to have forgotten and that's probably good, , , but I recall a Paris-concert from that tour. It was shown in television.

I remember when the Stones took all kinds of flak for charging $20 a ticket in 1969. I saw the Stones in 1965, 1972 and then took a break until 2001 so got to see them with Jones, Taylor and Wood. I am sure you will have a great time. The only possible disappointment could be Lisa Fischer who, after 26 years, is no longer touring with the Stones.

I remember when the Stones took all kinds of flak for charging $20 a ticket in 1969. I saw the Stones in 1965, 1972 and then took a break until 2001 so got to see them with Jones, Taylor and Wood. I am sure you will have a great time. The only possible disappointment could be Lisa Fischer who, after 26 years, is no longer touring with the Stones.

Yes she was great in that doc about back up singers.

My daughter and her husband saw them last year. They thought they were incredible. Said the music was fantastic and the whole show was high energy...........Just remember----Ronnie Wood,71-years-old, is the baby of the group...lol....

My daughter and her husband saw them last year. They thought they were incredible. Said the music was fantastic and the whole show was high energy...........Just remember----Ronnie Wood,71-years-old, is the baby of the group...lol....

I remember when they were saying the Steel Wheels Tour should be called the Steel Wheelchair Tour. But I will tell you, the 1972 Exile tour was still the stand out. Taylor had been with them long enough to get the kinks worked out but not so long that they had lost a certain rawness and edginess which I had not heard before or since.

Archived