Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L-00 not so standard

ponty

This L-00 standard is for sale. Please note the 'upgrades'..TRC with pearl-easily changed back,

but the dove inlays....oh dear. They are real inlays done by a luthier at owners request.

I know some folks will like it, IMHO, awful!

$_86.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/special-gibson-l-00-loo-standard-acoustic-guitar-lr-baggs-athem-sl-pick-up-mother-of-pearl-inlay/1304636818

This L-00 standard is for sale. Please note the 'upgrades'..TRC with pearl-easily changed back,

but the dove inlays....oh dear. They are real inlays done by a luthier at owners request.

I know some folks will like it, IMHO, awful!

$_86.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/special-gibson-l-00-loo-standard-acoustic-guitar-lr-baggs-athem-sl-pick-up-mother-of-pearl-inlay/1304636818

If it sounds half as good as my first Gibson acoustic purchase, my Blues King L-00, well...I wouldn’t care less what it looks like!

They changed the name to Standard in case they were scaring off non blues players, but really, after reading posts on this forum ever since I got the BK approx 2007.....I can’t see any but blues fingerpickers wanting them. And mine is fabulous! It has a more ‘modern’ sound than my old 37 L-0 or even my Waterloo WL-14X, and a narrower nut/neck....but I would be pleased to play it anywhere, especially after I have Tonedexter to get a better electrified acoustic sound from the supplied Element.

Had to speak up because they don’t get a mention in their own forum much!

BluesKing777.

Oh I dont doubt the sound. About 15 years ago, a UK shop had 2 L-00s. One used and one new. I would have walked out of the shop with both

had my wife not have been in the car waiting for me! If they had after market dove inlays...they would still be there!

Here is mine when it went on holidays - Ibiza I think?

OK4yycwh.jpg

A friend bought a 2013 Blues King with Mahogany/Sitka, loves it - mine is Bubinga/Sitka and only regret is I didn't get bloody photos/videos/recording the day we were both playing them together! A bit hard to do that and play... [unsure]

Different wood or year and whatevers - sound very similar. His wife said we should wear sunglasses and call ourselves the Blues Brothers...ha ha ha.... [crying]

(Mine was way high and needed the luthier when new, his was perfect! Mine sounds way better, probably because of the custom bone bridge pins made from old drummers finger bones [glare])

But he turned up with his BK in a Hiscox he bought especially, and let me say after the ole ‘What Dat?’ .....it may have set me off on a ..........Hiscox Spree!

BluesKing777.

Archived