Gibson Brands Forums

Lost 1987 Gibson Les Paul Custom

jaygl

Hey all, Just thought I'd post here as I have mounted a search to find my guitar that was sold out from under me by a pawn shop in Oshawa, Ontario Canada. It was in about 2001-2002. When I went to pay it off the guy at the store told me the tag must have fallen off and that it was accidentally sold. My dad bought me the guitar at Long and McQuade Oshawa in 1993 when I was starting out in my band. I toured with it and recorded a cpl albums. It's a long shot but who knows. It's a wine red 1987 Les Paul Custom that would have been bought at a pawn shop in Oshawa around that time, 2001-2002. Serial number is 82297583. Again, I know it's a long shot, but my Dad's health is failing and I'd love to be able to tell him I got it back. Of course I'd be willing to work out a fair price if it's current owner would be interested in selling it back to me.

Hey all, Just thought I'd post here as I have mounted a search to find my guitar that was sold out from under me by a pawn shop in Oshawa, Ontario Canada. It was in about 2001-2002. When I went to pay it off the guy at the store told me the tag must have fallen off and that it was accidentally sold. My dad bought me the guitar at Long and McQuade Oshawa in 1993 when I was starting out in my band. I toured with it and recorded a cpl albums. It's a long shot but who knows. It's a wine red 1987 Les Paul Custom that would have been bought at a pawn shop in Oshawa around that time, 2001-2002. Serial number is 82297583. Again, I know it's a long shot, but my Dad's health is failing and I'd love to be able to tell him I got it back. Of course I'd be willing to work out a fair price if it's current owner would be interested in selling it back to me.

This happened about 16 or so years ago. That guitar could be anywhere. That is a drag they sold it. Good luck.

This happened about 16 or so years ago. That guitar could be anywhere. That is a drag they sold it. Good luck.

Thanks. Yes, I doubt I'll ever find it, but if I do and the owner doesn't want to part with it at least I can give them some history on it.

• 2 weeks later...

In 2005 I sold a 1979 Twin Reverb tube amplifier that I had owned since I was a kid. I sold it for $600. Fast forward to 2015 I decided I wanted the amp back - mostly for nostalgia reasons - but I had absolutely no luck in finding the original. But, hey, it's worth a try - and I hope you find your original guitar.

• 5 months later...

ODIN RED 4 LIFE!

Archived