Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson pick question

EddieNYC

I’ve mostly been playing Blue Chip, Prime Tone, and the Gibson Tortoise mediums that are the same as the ones that came with my two Gibson acoustics.

Even though the Blue Chips are ridiculously awesome i’ve been playing more and more with the Gibson tortoise celluloid picks as I learn songs.

My question is are the Gibson medium tortoise shell celluloid picks going to be identical to the Gibson medium black and white pearl celluloid picks in terms of how they feel, play, sound, and how long they last? I know they are all celluloids but I really like how the tortoise feels and sounds, and they seem to last for a long time.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by MikeCT

PM me, and I'll send you some Gibson Medium tortoise shell picks.

There's no answering your question accurately, since we all hold our picks slightly differently, and we all have varying opinions and concerns when it comes to guitar picks.

After your tortoise shell ones arrive, we would all look forward to a comparison test report.

:)

• Upvote 1

Thanks - I just read your reply and realized that my post was a little unclear. I have and use the tortoise cells from Gibson but was debating about trying the black cells. I edited my post to make that more clear. Thanks for the offer though. I’m not sure if there was anything different with the black cells in terms of flex, feel, sound, grip, or durability.

I can buy 12 packs of the tortoise shell cell, but for some reason Gibson doesn’ Sell the black cells in a smaller quantity than 50 and 72. Kind of ridiculous.

Mike

Thanks - I just read your reply and realized that my post was a little unclear. I have and use the tortoise cells from Gibson but was debating about trying the black cells. I edited my post to make that more clear. Thanks for the offer though. I’m not sure if there was anything different with the black cells in terms of flex, feel, sound, grip, or durability.

I can buy 12 packs of the tortoise shell cell, but for some reason Gibson doesn’ Sell the black cells in a smaller quantity than 50 and 72. Kind of ridiculous.

Mike

See if this link works:

https://store.gibson.com/products/white-pearl-picks-12-pack/

THat'll get you the white ones.

You sure are right on the black ones.

Can't buy them in small quantities!

[crying]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...