Gibson Brands Forums

Zebra Custom Buckers / Live Buckers

dazako

Custom Shop Guitars related question posted here though it also relates to Gibson Gear.

I bought this Custom Bucker set back in 2014 from a regular Reverb seller but am presently having a hard time trying to sort out what it actually is.

At that time I recall there being a Musicians Friend exclusive Zebra set, 4 Conductor in Custom Shop models. I'm well versed in Custom Buckers owning a few Les Paul Sigs and CC and these definitely compare tonally, and are not 57's or Burstbuckers which sound very different. I don't doubt their legitimacy.

There are several versions of Custom Bucker outside dedicated Sig/CC models, but very little info on them outside forums, which themselves contain more questions than answers.

The Musicians Friend exclusives are correct period and the only 4 conductor example I've found. Both around 8K ohm. However differences I see are my black coil is the screw coil, my cable shielding is black instead of grey, my magnets are AV (V written on magnets). There's also Live Buckers which I read have AV but come with nickel covers and braided cable.

These pre-date the Zebra '61 models to avoid confusion.

I'm simply curious as to their origin and if anyone else can chime in.

Thx all

Daz

post-37908-078290600 1530892988_thumb.jpg

Archived