Gibson Brands Forums

Warren Haynes 61 ES335

dazako

I've owned one of these 500 limited edition WH ES335 for over 4 years from new. After 36+ years playing mostly Gibsons, the past 10+ years being all Historic Les Pauls, this is my very 1st non solid body. Both aesthetically and tonally it's simply a wonderful introduction to the long history of the ES series.

Add to that it's based on an actual '61 335 and I feel I'm playing something that truly represents a vintage guitar.

Then there's Warren Haynes name attached to it. A marvellous player and prime example of great Gibson tone.

It's an excellent example of the Memphis shop that from 2014 reviews got players attention.

So then I just have to ask - why this guitar had, and still has, absolutely no mention on any official Gibson sites ?

Just curious

Daz

Hi Daz,

Gibson do a lot of "artist" models and often they get forgotten about and I guess Warren's 335 is one of them, which is strange given Warren's stature as a guitar player.

I luckily had the chance to play one of those 335's in the Gibson Memphis showroom and it was great!

One a slightly different note, there was another guy there looking at the 335's and I said to him "try this one, it's great" to which he replied "no I don't like the discoloured binding" [confused].

Clearly his criteria for choosing guitars was quite different than mine!

I wouldn't give this to much thought, just enjoy your 335, I think they will become sought after in years to come.

Regards,

Ian

I assume you mean listed in the products page? Right now you'll see only models 2014 and newer are shown. But nowhere near every 2014+ models are shown. There are limited editions, and special runs for big dealers (Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, Sweetwater, etc.), and Japan that never are shown on the Gibson site. And some of the "out of the production" models are removed even though there is an "out of production" section.

So not being there has nothing to do with them being forgotten. I have 3 outstanding Memphis ES models that were never on the Gibson site.

I think that WH model is still pretty well known in the 335 circles.

Archived