Gibson Brands Forums

"Come Together" on my acoustic...

BluesKing777

Worked on it a bit today - my laconic solo acoustic/vocal version of 'Come Together' by The Beatles.

One mic in the middle for vocal and guitar - played on my Waterloo WL-14X.

Can't believe it is nearly 50 years since this was recorded - JL's election campaign tune for Timothy Leary as Governor! Ha Ha.

BluesKing777.

Thanks Billroy and Murph!

And yes Murph, I am the Ice King and exactly the middle of winter here today, BF freezing this morning and the last few clear nights. Phew! Hard for you guys enjoying a drink by the pool on a hot night to believe.....but...

Billy Connelly says it isn’t bad weather, just inappropriate clothing. Dog don’t care, ready for walkies. May have to go on its own.....

BluesKing777.

Thanks Billroy and Murph!

And yes Murph, I am the Ice King and exactly the middle of winter here today, BF freezing this morning and the last few clear nights. Phew! Hard for you guys enjoying a drink by the pool on a hot night to believe.....but...

Billy Connelly says it isn’t bad weather, just inappropriate clothing. Dog don’t care, ready for walkies. May have to go on its own.....

BluesKing777.

Wife’s family reunion last weekend

Brothe rand sister in law flying home to Sydney today. Leaving 25° - 30° weather in Ireland , unheard of

Lugged a suitcase full of willy jumpers , fleeces and Coats around Ireland for 4 weeks heatwave 😂

Wife’s family reunion last weekend

Brothe rand sister in law flying home to Sydney today. Leaving 25° - 30° weather in Ireland , unheard of

Lugged a suitcase full of willy jumpers , fleeces and Coats around Ireland for 4 weeks heatwave 😂

I bet you're glad nobody needed the willy jumpers!

Very nice, BK! Your style suits this song well. You made it your own. Not an easy task.

The owner of some of chuck Berry's work thought it was a much older song than 1969.

Beatles Bible - Come Together

So, do you believe Mr Lennon on this one? I'm thinking Lennon settling out of court speaks for itself to a certain extent. Great tune no matter what, though.

Very nice, BK! Your style suits this song well. You made it your own. Not an easy task.

The owner of some of chuck Berry's work thought it was a much older song than 1969.

Beatles Bible - Come Together

So, do you believe Mr Lennon on this one? I'm thinking Lennon settling out of court speaks for itself to a certain extent. Great tune no matter what, though.

Thanks PB!

A friend had every record they put out, as soon as they came out, so I am thinking it would have been at his place that I first heard it. 2 WTF moments with ‘Something’ on the other side!

(The friend with the record also had a Les Paul copy and I had my Kyowa! Our ‘band’ also went through a nasty break up a bit later after the drummer and bass player we ‘hired’ ganged up on and fired my friend after a woeful gig....ha, we were all of 14 years old with hair to our shoulder and not yet to our knees, but John not talking to Paul anymore and not wanting him to sing back up on Come Together seemed a bit small time compared to our band strife, you know.) Ha Ha.

But I sort of thought, if I thought then?, that Old Flattop was a dude with a marine haircut like the sarge in Gomer Pyle, well his was really flat! And ole Flattop grooving up slowly, probably clicking his fingers, was... a ‘knowall’ of the times - 60s - self confident..... But NO, in Chuck’s, it is a car! Well, burn my White Album and put The Beatles for sale.

BluesKing777.

Thanks PB!

A friend had every record they put out, as soon as they came out, so I am thinking it would have been at his place that I first heard it. 2 WTF moments with ‘Something’ on the other side!

(The friend with the record also had a Les Paul copy and I had my Kyowa! Our ‘band’ also went through a nasty break up a bit later after the drummer and bass player we ‘hired’ ganged up on and fired my friend after a woeful gig....ha, we were all of 14 years old with hair to our shoulder and not yet to our knees, but John not talking to Paul anymore and not wanting him to sing back up on Come Together seemed a bit small time compared to our band strife, you know.) Ha Ha.

But I sort of thought, if I thought then?, that Old Flattop was a dude with a marine haircut like the sarge in Gomer Pyle, well his was really flat! And ole Flattop grooving up slowly, probably clicking his fingers, was... a ‘knowall’ of the times - 60s - self confident..... But NO, in Chuck’s, it is a car! Well, burn my White Album and put The Beatles for sale.

BluesKing777.

LOL - Good stuff.

I was with you, I think, on the c'mon old flat top being as you described. I didn't even know about the legal thing until a couple years ago. I was very skeptical until I found it on YouTube. Doh!

I've been working on a version of come together for awhile now... was really liking it, was thinking I'd go big with it and post here while introducing my new apogee mic. that's ruined now :)

Thanks Billroy!

You can play the same song if you like, I don’t own it, but don’t show me up or I will tread on your Apogee! [biggrin]

You could get a flattop cut and do a video!

BluesKing777.

Archived