Gibson Brands Forums

Plain & Simple.....

Murph

oQ5UVir.jpg

Here's a taste, it's actually me and my J-45, Owen is playing the harmonica, he just stuck it on his Reverbnation for kicks.

This is the most underproduced project we've ever done. By design.

I find it odd to even make a special point about keeping it plain and simple. Kind of like it is a musical anachronism. I will never get the use of boards, pedals and gizmos of every kind when it comes to acoustic music. Even when I played electric all I needed was a little it of slap back echo and I was good to go. Just throw the guitar in the case and head out the door whether it be a street corner or a studio.

Easy chair music. I enjoyed that Murph. Very authentic and non-manufactured music. I like the references to the tree, life, eternity, seasons, storms. Music that "makes you think about things."............Btw, just last night the wife and I watched the Bronson movie, Hard Times. "Plain & Simple" acoustic guitar solo for it. Your song kind of falls in that area. Really nice, my friend.

Easy chair music. I enjoyed that Murph. Very authentic and non-manufactured music. I like the references to the tree, life, eternity, seasons, storms. Music that "makes you think about things."............

Thanks Larry. When I first decided to use that song for this project, I was concerned that it was too morbid, but I always thought it was well written. Me and Owen have been together so long there is never any question anymore.

During the first playback of the first take, the engineer looked at me real serious and said.

"Man, that's deep".

That's when I knew it was staying...

Thanks all.

Archived