Gibson Brands Forums

Hmmm....Strange??

Joe M

I was restringing my new Limited J35 Vintage this morning and something weird, to me, happen that I've never had happen in almost 50 years of playing and changing strings.....both the high E and B strings broke, at the tuner, as I was loosening them. And before anyone asks, yes, I was loosening the tuner, not tightening it. Thought it was odd when the E broke then really goofy when the B broke right after.

Anyone ever have this happen and is there any reason for it?

You slipped into an alternate universe where up is down, right is left ... Whenever this happens to me, I just put on my ruby slippes, click my heels three times and everything is fine.

Doggone it, Tom, I don't know why I didn't think of that.... :rolleyes:

I was restringing my new Limited J35 Vintage this morning and something weird, to me, happen that I've never had happen in almost 50 years of playing and changing strings.....both the high E and B strings broke, at the tuner, as I was loosening them. And before anyone asks, yes, I was loosening the tuner, not tightening it. Thought it was odd when the E broke then really goofy when the B broke right after.

Anyone ever have this happen and is there any reason for it?

I had one b-string do that just as I started to unwind about 12-13 years ago. I hit the string hole with a very tiny jeweler's type file my wife has ever so briefly and that was that. Had the guitar for several more years.

Archived