Gibson Brands Forums

Those beauties !... L@@K

Revolution Six

Glue-in neck on a Firebird, what's the point?

Agreed. Firebirds are supposed to be neck throughs with mini humbuckers.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. The Gibson Firebird has got to be the sexiest guitar ever made!

IDK about those FIREBIRDS, without the raised Center-Block its really not a FIREBIRD, and I've yet to see one with binding on the body, IDK.......

Are those Mini-Humbucker's on the DC's ? or soapbar P-90's ?

I do like the Custom Shoppe 'SG'(Les Paul), its probably only $7,000 too, and its just another example of what will keep me buying STANDARDS for the rest of my life (if GIBSON stops with the 22% yearly price increase's)..

That pink SG has the Les Paul (Custom?) moniker on the TRC. I realise there is precedent but that is too confusing for most people.

Or maybe they ran out of the correct TRCs?

Yes the 1st Firebird looks great, but I agree it should retain the through-neck.

image_20.jpg

Ah Ah Ah! Those are not poor plastic Epi ... [biggrin]

Sorry dude the combination of those pickups with the 5-ply pick guard, too much glam on a LP Special DC, just doesn't work for me.. I'm not trying to be a traditionalist, but your concept would look a whole lot meaner with open coil humbuckers or put some P-90/100's back in..

Not an Epi....

EaCTvuJ.jpg

IDK 'bout these guitars...seems like GIBSON is trying to hard ! I saw 2 or 3 on this entire page that I really like the looks of. The 'Black-Beauty' LES PAUL Custom IS BAD-A$$ as is the 'SG' Custom 1961 Re-Issue 'Les Paul'...and the one FIREBIRD that has a raised center-block, but it just may be the ugliest colour I have ever seen on a guitar. So that makes 2 ! DGMW, The sparkle blue 'SG' Custom and the other SG's are OK. I used to think it is almost impossible to **** up an 'SG', then the 2018 GIBSON 'SG' Special came out, almost ate my words coz it was close, BUT NO ! and then in 2019 that GOLD 'SG' with the scooped out Cap, OMG, that has got to be the worst lookin 'SG' I have ever seen, YIKES !!! I would not say I would never play it but I definitely would never buy it, bet it has neck-divitis too..

During the 2016-2018 time frame I got rid of all my old GIBSON's (Kept my '94 NIGHTHAWK STANDARD) and bought new ones that I actually think are improvements over the oldies but greaties I sold. The 4 STANDARDS/TRADITIONALS I went and bought, I am certainly glad I did.Through all of this, I learned that when it comes to GIBSON, hestitating or waiting till next year is just not a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived