Gibson Brands Forums

Salty gig... good gits? Or the knockoff?

MorrisrownSal

'Sink or swim' decision? Take the guitar you want and 'sail on' through the gig. Yuk yuk.

I live near the beach, and have for most of my life except for a short enstranged period of suburban living... and have never had rusty tuners - most of them are nickel coated, aren't they? Anyway, give them a quick wipe over before you pack up.

(my car is garaged, but a previous spare car I parked out front got rusty on the window edges...)

BluesKing777.

I am headed out... we go on at 8:00. on the beach at Breezy's Sugar Bowl. The Irish Riviera. I suspect this will be the best gig I play.... just a great vibe and place from people who want to hear music.

I am bringing the D18. The Farida will also come but stay in the car as a just in case....

I'll post a pic of the place tomorrow...

Cheers fellas

I am headed out... we go on at 8:00. on the beach at Breezy's Sugar Bowl. The Irish Riviera. I suspect this will be the best gig I play.... just a great vibe and place from people who want to hear music.

I am bringing the D18. The Farida will also come but stay in the car as a just in case....

I'll post a pic of the place tomorrow...

Cheers fellas

Have a fun one!

Hey Gum...

Went great. Played 8 until 11:40... I left early. Mike stayed playing till about 1:00. I got home as it is at 1:00.... late enough for me.. packed beach crowd. Met a bunch of folks who went to school with my brother... just real friendly.

One downer is during one song near the end of the first set (love the one your with), one lady was dancing... a little older. Like my age. She had too much to drink... tripped and hurt her ankle.i felt bad for her. She was mortified. We stopped mid song right then and there to help and call medics.

When we resumed twenty minutes later, we picked up mid song msp_flapper.gif...

I didn't take pictures, but it was a load of fun.

I am exhausted tonight. I got up at 5:00 am for work...

This is a stock photo... we play inside... which opens up wide to the back deck. I am guessing about 100 folks in and out... plus folks playing volleyball on the beach.

Archived