Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Firebird V Custom Shop Limited Edition 2007

StJerky

At least Panasonic mic switches are considered high quality.

I wouldn't worry too much about the pickups being Panasonics Rev says that about all Epiphone pickups, he's kind of a Gibson snob. But your "2007 Epiphone Firebird V Limited Edition Custom Shop" are not easy to find on the internet, meaning no one is selling one right now... Edited by mihcmac

I have noticed too that it seems really "limited". I have found a couple of these white ones and some other colours. Nyt not much information really. Must someday take off the pickups and see if there's any hints there. I like the sound, but I'm curious. Also then I can see the wood, which I think is mahogany, but can't be sure, before checking out.

Here seems to be a similar one

Edited by StJerky

Have played 3 rehearsals with Firebird and I love it. Bright sound and cuts through very well. I'm even thinking of replacing The pickups of my ole Tokai Love Rock with something similar tonewise. It now has SD JB / '59 combo. A lot muddier than the Firebird pickups. Any recommendations for replacements of full size humbuckers?.

Edited by StJerky

I have noticed too that it seems really "limited". I have found a couple of these white ones and some other colours. Nyt not much information really. Must someday take off the pickups and see if there's any hints there. I like the sound, but I'm curious. Also then I can see the wood, which I think is mahogany, but can't be sure, before checking out.

Here seems to be a similar one

The "Limited Edition" "Custom Shop" guitars are made better than the standard models and originally come with a much higher price tag. Your Firebird should have a though body neck like the Gibson Firebird's and all mahogany body. This I think makes them very collectable. I have 2, 2011 Epi 61 SG Specials that fit in this category.

BKWHwMk.jpg

dSpaXRq.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

The "Limited Edition" "Custom Shop" guitars are made better than the standard models and originally come with a much higher price tag. Your Firebird should have a though body neck like the Gibson Firebird's and all mahogany body. This I think makes them very collectable. I have 2, 2011 Epi 61 SG Specials that fit in this category.

BKWHwMk.jpg

dSpaXRq.jpg

Beautiful SG:s. Yes, my FB is neck through body. I'm happy with it. A real Gibson would be a bit too much for me. I think this one is really as good. At least it feels a lot better than my friends Gibson SG and other friends Melody Makers.

Beautiful SG:s. Yes, my FB is neck through body. I'm happy with it. A real Gibson would be a bit too much for me. I think this one is really as good. At least it feels a lot better than my friends Gibson SG and other friends Melody Makers.

Its not surprising that your FireBird plays better than your friends Gibson's. I experienced the same thing with my Epi SG's, I ended up selling my Gibson SG's because I didn't play them anymore.

If you intend to replace your pickups, I would recommend aftermarket mini humbucker's. Like Seymour Duncan's or many others. Your FireBird has really good pickups in it, the only reason for change would be to get a different sound but then it may not sound like a FireBird any more.

IMG_20180701_213645635.jpg

If your other guitars sound muddy and have open coil pickups, you might try humbucker's that have metal cases as they will sound brighter. Also if you lower your existing pickups a bit it will help clean up the way they sound.

Edited by mihcmac

Its not surprising that your FireBird plays better than your friends Gibson's. I experienced the same thing with my Epi SG's, I ended up selling my Gibson SG's because I didn't play them anymore.

If you intend to replace your pickups, I would recommend aftermarket mini humbucker's. Like Seymour Duncan's or many others. Your FireBird has really good pickups in it, the only reason for change would be to get a different sound but then it may not sound like a FireBird any more.

If your other guitars sound muddy and have open coil pickups, you might try humbucker's that have metal cases as they will sound brighter. Also if you lower your existing pickups a bit it will help clean up the way they sound.

I'm happy with FB sound, not going to change anything in it now.

I was already going to service my Tokai. I'll try the metal covers. If it doesn't change, I'll just use it when I play in trio lineup. Fatter sound is OK then.

Edited by StJerky

I' m agrre,

Nice Gibson Firebird clone , It' s not mine but I prefer Banjo tuners and Seymour Duncan mini-humbuckers. Is it normal the 1 ply pickguard?

gibson-firebird-v-classic-white-776486.jpg

Is that an Epiphone? Looks just like mine, except for banjo-tuners (which are of course right for Firebird). Mine has grovers. 1-ply on mine too.

Is that an Epiphone? Looks just like mine, except for banjo-tuners (which are of course right for Firebird). Mine has grovers. 1-ply on mine too.

Not an Epiphone, its a Gibson clone. I like the way your Grover tuners look better.. I generally like Yours better and its a license built Firebird..

IMG_20180701_212904384_HDR.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

• 2 weeks later...

I lowered the pickups of Tokai and adjusted the screws high. Now a lot brighter tone.

• 3 weeks later...

Ebay just emailed me that there is one for sale

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Epiphone-Custom-Shop-Limited-Edition-Firebird-V-Electric-Guitar-/123147793042?_ul=FI

A week ago there was a similar one in Finland for under 400€.

Edit: it's still there, but says sold.

https://muusikoiden.net/tori/ilmoitus/1386315

Edited by StJerky

• 3 weeks later...