Gibson Brands Forums

Au Revior

Rambler

The J35 that I acquired a few years ago is with a new owner in la belle France, leaving moi avec sans Gibsons. That guitar had a tone and I was thrilled to find one after a long hunt. But being small of stature and short-armed, I was finding it a handful on stage. Also a load to carry around. Last winter, I found a 00018GE that fills the bill for tone (beautiful sound with a funky snap: how do they do it?).

Doubt I'll be back the Gibson way anytime soon. I thought long and hard about an L00 last fall but at the end of the day, it did the snappy funky thing and not much else. And because of my physical limits, I feel like the door has slammed on slopes and jumbos. All perfectly good guitars; just not for me, so it seems.

But I do want to thank everyone on this forum whose comments and sound files that helped educated my ears and inform my choices. I hope you know who you are. Regards, Rambler.

Ooo, that's French. No more Mr. Rambler? Ever? Going to small guitar land?. . . And I had this fantasy of having you being the next steward of the deep-bodied Stage DeLuxe Rosewood 12 fret that's currently keeping time with me, just because you'd expressed an interest in the SDR guitars, and because you seemed of the solid sort. Yes, as Sal said, you could and should still check in around these parts. If not, let it be known I've enjoyed your posts, and your ability to put tone into words.

Happy trails.

Oh, it was just au revoir to Gibson, not the forum. I'll drop by for the chat. Hey, burst-- you're right. I had a thing for those Stage Deluxe models when they came out. I think I was looking at 12-frets a lot then. Tone-wise, kind of like Ben and Jerrys Choc Brownie --dark and rich. And fat!

The J35 that I acquired a few years ago is with a new owner in la belle France, leaving moi avec sans Gibsons. That guitar had a tone and I was thrilled to find one after a long hunt. But being small of stature and short-armed, I was finding it a handful on stage. Also a load to carry around. Last winter, I found a 00018GE that fills the bill for tone (beautiful sound with a funky snap: how do they do it?).

Doubt I'll be back the Gibson way anytime soon. I thought long and hard about an L00 last fall but at the end of the day, it did the snappy funky thing and not much else. And because of my physical limits, I feel like the door has slammed on slopes and jumbos. All perfectly good guitars; just not for me, so it seems.

But I do want to thank everyone on this forum whose comments and sound files that helped educated my ears and inform my choices. I hope you know who you are. Regards, Rambler.

Wow, when I mention Guitars that start with the letter M, I get crucified?

Archived