Gibson Brands Forums

Eventually - everyone shows off their Gibson

MorrisrownSal

Thanks for sharing this, Sal. I knew he had this Gibson, but had not seen this video before. Here's another video of him with the Gibson. I like this one a lot too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3NpihouxI8

I knew JJ was a laid back kind of guy, but that is ridiculous!

Love the tune and guitar...

BluesKing777.

Don't know if you watched through the end of the video or not, but this was for "Bedstock" where "Artists play in bed for sick kids stuck in theirs." Pretty admirable if you ask me. It's also a play off one of his music videos where he is laying on the ground towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv1mhhvOyII

Is every song of his the same?

Full disclosure, I'm a big JJ fan. Not sure if you're being facetious, but I would say definitely not. He's not for everyone, and he catches a lot of slack for being so laid back. I think the majority of his albums are great (personally, I could do without Sleep Through The Static and To The Sea) though I haven't listened to his newest (All the Light Above It Too). The guy's rhythm is amazing as is his ability to create melodies and lyrics. He's the full package singer songwriter with talent in spades (film maker too). IMO, he's right up there with Dave Matthews (think pre Stand Up) for amazing and innovative rhythm guitarists that do it their own way.

One of the things I love about JJ is his ability to cover a song and make it his own. Here are few less happy ones that you may enjoy.

Edit: How do you post a Soundcloud recording in the post so you don't have to click over?

Last Thoughts On Woody Guthrie (Slammin' and Bangin') > Stones In My Passway > Fallin' Up > Who Do You Love

http://soundcloud.com/user-787206045/last-thoughts-on-woody-guthrie?in=user-787206045/sets/jj-covers

Further On Down The Road (You Will Accompany Me) > Even After All > Ramble On

http://soundcloud.com/user-787206045/further-on-down-the-road-you?in=user-787206045/sets/jj-covers

Who Do You Love > Stones In My Passway > Hellhound On My Trail > Fallin' Up > Mudfootball

https://soundcloud.com/user-787206045/who-do-you-love-stones-in-my?in=user-787206045/sets/jj-covers

Dust My Broom > Stones In My Passway > Ramblin' On My Mind

https://soundcloud.com/user-787206045/dust-my-broom-stones-in-my?in=user-787206045/sets/jj-covers

I too have become a fan in the past few years. My daughter and I went to see him last month as she has always been a big fan...going with her was great..first time just her and I had ever done anything alone...great time and loved spending time with her.

Oh yeah concert was good too. I have seen him twice now.

Full disclosure, I'm a big JJ fan. Not sure if you're being facetious, but I would say definitely not. He's not for everyone, and he catches a lot of slack for being so laid back. I think the majority of his albums are great (personally, I could do without Sleep Through The Static and To The Sea) though I haven't listened to his newest (All the Light Above It Too). The guy's rhythm is amazing as is his ability to create melodies and lyrics. He's the full package singer songwriter with talent in spades (film maker too). IMO, he's right up there with Dave Matthews (think pre Stand Up) for amazing and innovative rhythm guitarists that do it their own way.

Facetious is a big word and I am just a liberal arts major. I've tried to listen to him but he always sounds like he is so tired, maybe it is cause he just got in from surfing all day. All the musicians that play with Dave Matthews are talented dudes but I just don't get his music at all.

I do love the Grateful Dead, Not the Dead or Dead And Friends or what ever they are schlepping around right now without Jerry. So I get people likening an artist many do not.

I too have become a fan in the past few years. My daughter and I went to see him last month as she has always been a big fan...going with her was great..first time just her and I had ever done anything alone...great time and loved spending time with her.

Oh yeah concert was good too. I have seen him twice now.

That's a great memory. [thumbup] I look forward to having many music related experiences with my kids as well.

Facetious is a big word and I am just a liberal arts major. I've tried to listen to him but he always sounds like he is so tired, maybe it is cause he just got in from surfing all day. All the musicians that play with Dave Matthews are talented dudes but I just don't get his music at all.

I do love the Grateful Dead, Not the Dead or Dead And Friends or what ever they are schlepping around right now without Jerry. So I get people likening an artist many do not.

I hear you. I'm a Grateful Dead (and Phish) fan as well, so I'm very familiar with people not liking the same music as me. Most post Jerry iterations have been sorely lacking IMO, but I do think this latest with John Mayer has been interesting. It has definitely helped Mayer step out of the box and improve as a player, and I think he brings something to the group that most others have not been able to capture.

I hear you. I'm a Grateful Dead (and Phish) fan as well, so I'm very familiar with people not liking the same music as me. Most post Jerry iterations have been sorely lacking IMO, but I do think this latest with John Mayer has been interesting. It has definitely helped Mayer step out of the box and improve as a player, and I think he brings something to the group that most others have not been able to capture.

I do not and will not listen to JM. I can not stand that guy. He can play, and that is why I hate him, and he is really pretty while he is playing at least women think so. But his music makes me want to hide in a corner.

Phish, I can take about 20 minuets of them and then I am spent. Whoever sings Trey or the other guy Billy I think his name is, just gets on my nerves. I like to listen to cover song they do more than theirs. After Rift I just really grew tired of them. I would go see them live though. Chalk Dust Torture still kicks my a-ss.

I do not and will not listen to JM. I can not stand that guy. He can play, and that is why I hate him, and he is really pretty while he is playing at least women think so. But his music makes me want to hide in a corner.

Phish, I can take about 20 minuets of them and then I am spent. Whoever sings Trey or the other guy Billy I think his name is, just gets on my nerves. I like to listen to cover song they do more than theirs. After Rift I just really grew tired of them. I would go see them live though. Chalk Dust Torture still kicks my a-ss.

HA! That's hilarious.

Phish is definitely unique. I enjoy their jams (sans vocals) more than anything. I haven't listened to them actively in almost 10 years. Funny thing is to this day when I ask my wife what she wants to listen to she says, "Anything but Phish".

Archived