Gibson Brands Forums

2018 LES PAUL STUDIO SMOKEHOUSE BURST

Airedale1

I'm wondering if anyone on here has bought one of these? I'm really smitten with the looks of this guitar and am wondering if those that have one already are happy with their purchase. Also, given that this is a 2018 is there any chance that the price might drop on them or if anyone knows who has the best price on them?

7Da5y4E.jpg

Yes I also think that's a really nice colour....

And yes, the 2018 probably will go down BUT we have no idea still whats going on at Gibson and who is now calling the shots there. They may decide to change things this year? But yes probably will..

They have already shown the 2019s at NAMM and I think it wont be too long before we see them in the shops..

This is the 2019 version

Mhb5Kwg.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone on here has bought one of these? I'm really smitten with the looks of this guitar and am wondering if those that have one already are happy with their purchase. Also, given that this is a 2018 is there any chance that the price might drop on them or if anyone knows who has the best price on them?

7Da5y4E.jpg

That's a sharp looking guitar.

My buddy got one a week or so ago. He got his from AMS. It was a minor blemish but the only thing I could see wrong with it was a small smudge on the cutaway. Pretty sure it would buff out. Anyway.........I went over to his place and looked it over and played it the day he got it. Ran it through his blackstar 5 watt tube amp. Sounded really good. The action was smooth and played very well. It came with a case which is nice for that model. Bound neck too. If I was thinking about getting one I'd probably have got one after I played that one.

That's a very nice guitar.

I would play one in person if I were you.

If I was given the option to buy that exact guitar, at the asking price, I would pay it.

Only I would eschew the chrome-covered pickups in favor of black, naked pickups.

If they offered those black, naked pickups bone-stock, factory new.

If the chrome covered pickups were the only option, I would pass.

But that's just me.

:mellow:

7Da5y4E.jpg

that's probably the nicest looking studio i've ever seen. now i'm curious to know more about them

i bet i spent a good 30 minutes at the sweetwater site, and at my bank acct's website, trying to decide if i'm buying another guitar. i could buy one, right now. i want to buy one right now.

but i'm using all my restraint to avoid it. there are other priorities i must consider right now, and to be honest, i have been pretty generous to myself this year so far. i'm typing this while gritting my teeth, mostly trying to cement my conviction on this. that's a sweet looking guitar, and has all the features i would want, (in a 2nd les paul studio) save one. no hp neck heel. but dam that guitar is sweet

i bet i spent a good 30 minutes at the sweetwater site, and at my bank acct's website, trying to decide if i'm buying another guitar. i could buy one, right now. i want to buy one right now.

but i'm using all my restraint to avoid it. there are other priorities i must consider right now, and to be honest, i have been pretty generous to myself this year so far. i'm typing this while gritting my teeth, mostly trying to cement my conviction on this. that's a sweet looking guitar, and has all the features i would want, (in a 2nd les paul studio) save one. no hp neck heel. but dam that guitar is sweet

You need to start policing the forum again. Rule #9. Do not post topic titles in full capitals, or include an obscene amount of full-stops (periods) or exclamation marks, question marks etc.

Wow! My thoughts exactly. I really don't need another guitar. Nowadays I'm just a bedroom player and already this year I've bought a new amp and the Xvive U2 wireless system (which I love) and pragmatically speaking I can't justify getting another guitar right now, but I do really want this one.

I've bought a new amp and the Xvive U2 wireless system (which I love)

I snagged a fender blues deluxe a few months back and have had my Xvive wireless system for a week now. Both are amazing. That wireless system is awesome. Especially for practice and not wanting to deal with cables everywhere. Sorry for the tangent. Carry on with the lusting after of the Smokehouse Les Paul!😆

• 3 weeks later...

Archived