Gibson Brands Forums: Sheraton 2002 bridge replacement advice needed - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sheraton 2002 bridge replacement advice needed

#1 User is offline   Carausius 

• Group: All Access

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:27 PM

Hi, My Sheraton 2002 Samick bridge saddles have badly worn down & my guitar is starting to sound like a bad sitar!

I've read & searched for replacement bridge options, but most discussion is regarding the earlier 80's / 90's Sherry "harmonica" bridges which look different & seem to have different distances from the centre of the bridge posts.

My Sherry bridge is around 74mm approximate distance from post centres, the stopbar tailpiece is 82mm so it appears the sizes are different between the earlier Korean '00's & '80's /'90's bridges / tailpieces. I'm wondering if these sizes are closer to ABR-1 / Tuneomatic's?

So the ABR-1 post slots are 73.66mm / 73.44 apart on various brands of ABR-1's maybe these would work with M8 to ABR-1 post converters?

My link

My link

I'll attach a pic of my Sherry bridge below.

IMG_20180718_193351465

I've taken a chance on the GOTOH GE103B, 74mm post spacing with M8 bushings / mounts. If it doesn't fit I'll try some conversion posts / redrill the bushing holes!

This post has been edited by Carausius: 18 July 2018 - 04:53 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users