Gibson Brands Forums

Kingsize Blackfoot

uncle fester

Folks - no affiliation, but since I heard Jinder's rendition of 'when she's away' - I've had a hankerin' to hear more of his stuff, and was able to pick up 'Kingsize Blackfoot' off of Amazon.

Technically speaking, and it's evident right off the bat, you hear the life of someone who has walked the path, and honed their craft. I can't tell you it's because compression this, or reverb that -but there's a fullness to the songs, power where it should be, etc... that speaks volumes.

Artistically speaking, well, it's awesome! - if you like blues, I have to believe you'll like this, but my absolute favorite is the opening clip, 'great plains'. It's my type of stuff and just absolutely rocks (in a rhythmic bluesy way)! The next song gets into slide, which stays in my wheelhouse - so feel it just keeps getting better. There's a bunch of other stuff, and it is all good (I could call out a whole bunch, but really appreciate the 'in the pines' cover).

Regardless - Jinder, props to you, and may good times come your way! To anyone who gets a chance to check it out, it's definitely worth a listen!

Rgds - billroy

Thanks Billroy! Really glad to hear you enjoyed it, that album was a blast to make, two days and (very) late nights in the studio and it was done...so much fun.

Thanks too, Stu. I am indeed very lengthy...too tall for any practical purpose other than standing about with a guitar and my “built in stage” legs 😂

Yes Jinder’s music is full of soul. I’m sure both talent, dedication and hard work are at the core of his music. Very inspirational. Wish I could sound a fraction as good.

I would very much like to see one of his gigs one day.

Lars

Amazon has thirty second samples of all the songs on the album, if anyone would like to get a taste (or by the CD, or downolad the whole album or a single track). Even through my phone the album sounds excellent.

Red 333

You guys are too kind!! Thankyou for the kind words, it’s enough to make a fella bashful.

This album was a weird one sales wise, it did great business at radio and was fairly popular on Spotify etc but people rarely seem to buy CDs anymore. I think digital and vinyl only for the next one, as much as I love the CD format.

You guys are too kind!! Thankyou for the kind words, it’s enough to make a fella bashful.

This album was a weird one sales wise, it did great business at radio and was fairly popular on Spotify etc but people rarely seem to buy CDs anymore. I think digital and vinyl only for the next one, as much as I love the CD format.

There’s no money to be made with the digital avenue though is there jinder ?

Part of me feels guilty for using it. I’ve seen where bono lives and I don’t think twice about the likes of him , but for a guy like you would you be much better off if we all had to buy a hard copy of your music ?

I understand the digital stuff , on the flip side , because it’s free , means you get the potential for a wider audience...

Got it on iTunes. I'm stuck with that format. They 'set the hook' for me awhile ago and all my stuff is there.

No reviews showing yet - need to move more to get to that threshold.

Oh, GREAT compilation by the way.

White FreightlLiner Blues is a classic. 40yp

I’m kind of a dinousaur, in the sense that I still buy music on cd. However, the first thing I do is to rip them and load the files on my portable digital player (like a fancy mp3 player that plays high resolution audio). I then use either headphones straight into the player, or hook the line out to my amplifier and floor speakers. This little player holds just about all music I have collected since 1989 when I bought my first cd in high resolution formats (192 gb of music in total, or about 10000 songs).

Jinder, is your music available on cd anywhere?

Lars

Archived