Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Straps - Little Round Tabs?

uncle fester

Hi Folks - I got a couple guitar straps and they came with these little round leather circles w/ holes in the middle, but no explanation to what to use them for. Before I drop my kids college education, I mean guitar, on the ground - what are these supposed to be used for? Thank you for any input.

Rgds - billroy

Haha...they're probably that company's version of strap locks, to be put on last as an extra prevention for your strap slipping off as you dance around in wild gyrations on stage.

You know, that's my guess - but wasn't sure how dire they were. Came with both a Gibson strap, and another leather strap from etsy. Pictures are coming - having a little trouble with IMGUR at the moment. Rgds - billroy

There's nothing hard to rub on the backside of the leather. Leather (or fake leather) protecting from leather?

Now they're even more of a mystery. Sweetwater sends candy...have you tasted them?

I'd worry that with the extra material the strap wouldn't nestle in the strap pin properly to keep it from slipping off.

Just another over-complication of a simple thing.

There's nothing hard to rub on the backside of the leather. Leather (or fake leather) protecting from leather?

Now they're even more of a mystery. Sweetwater sends candy...have you tasted them?

I'd worry that with the extra material the strap wouldn't nestle in the strap pin properly to keep it from slipping off.

Just another over-complication of a simple thing.

no man I can tell ya for sure there are surface "Swirls" my stap made on my j200 on the heel of my neck.

no man I can tell ya for sure there are surface "Swirls" my stap made on my j200 on the heel of my neck.

Yes. There’s bound to be a chance of dust gathering in there if the strap lives on the guitar all the time. That would make nice little arcs in the finish wouldn’t it

Hey Folks - got IMGUR to work. Here's a couple pics of the tabs. 2 came w/ each guitar strap... I figure they have to be strap locks but figured I'd ask. Anybody have ideas on what these are? rgds - billroy

tQplr9G.jpg?1J5sceRD.jpg?1

So I'm gonna put a small round piece of leather behind my guitar strap, to protect my guitar from my guitar strap with is made of...leather. ](*,)

Yes. There’s bound to be a chance of dust gathering in there if the strap lives on the guitar all the time. That would make nice little arcs in the finish wouldn’t it

mine does not, but the swirls are there nitro is soft.. when I get to a good cleaning 2 times a year, a few buffs with a good polish and they're pretty gone.. so really for me,, it's a non issue

I've just no other idea what those useful would be for.

I called Gibson Customer Service. They're to put on the little prong things on your belt buckle to protect the back of your guitar from Buckle Rash scratches.

Trying to think this through. I don’t get how they would attach to one’s belt.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

How about just take your belt off? It's not 1975.

how will any one see my 2ft wide cowboy belt buckle??

Man that just wrecks the image completely..

(Kidding!!! Just Kidding)

ahhh, never mind everybody, I lost them since I posted it - doesn't matter anymore. On the upside, I just received a copy of 'Gibson's Fabulous Flat Top Guitars' to read on my upcoming trip :)

Crap this thread was just heating up too!! Pffft!

Archived