Gibson Brands Forums

Boom Like That - 2nd Go

uncle fester

Ok folks, I've taken a lot in and put it to practice as best I can. Attached is my next public version Boom Like That r2. I've got some private input on a couple earlier versions and feel I've evolved further.

The challenges I was trying to tackle were vocal / guitar balance and clarity of the vocals (can you understand what I'm saying). Things I've been trying to be aware of to affect it are mic placement, mic mgt, and articulation.

This is leaps and bounds better, but still looking for input. Can you understand the lyrics yet? If not do you have suggestions beyond just working on articulation? If you do understand the lyrics, do you get drawn into the song at all yet?

Truly, thank you all again for your time and input - I know there's a long road, but I've made steps forward, puts a little bounce in my step ;). I'm heading out to the ball games, will be back with helmet on later.

I had a listen, and this version has much better balance between voice and guitar. A big step forward. I still find it a little difficult to hear the words, but I think I get them if I listen hard. English is not my native language, which surely affects my abilities to pick out the words too. I had a listen to version r3 on your soundcloud page, and I actually though that the singing was much clearer on that one. Guitar was a little boomier, but not too bad. You could always remove some bass with the eq in Garageband.

Lars

Archived