Gibson Brands Forums

And Just Like that...

Jim Wilson

I went through three Loudbox Performers under warranty...after #3 died, I gave up and got a store credit refund. It’s a shame as they’re GREAT sounding amps, I just couldn’t get them to last. I’m a big fan of Fishman gear and use a ton of their pickups and Aura gear but I think there’s a design issue with the Loudbox Performers.

Really hope you get yours sorted!

What kind of acoustic amp do you suggest...similar in size to the Loudbox Peformer?

I’ve gone back to using my full PA rig (or one powered speaker for smaller gigs), but if I was to buy another acoustic amp now, it would either be the Mesa/Boogie Rosette or an AER Classic 60 or Domino.

AER have been industry standard forever, but the Mesa Rosette is an astounding amp, jaw dropping sound and built to last forever.

maybe it's just me but hard to not think that no matter what we spend, there's gonna be fails...

it just is what it is..

this aint the 50s.. nothing is made to stand the test of time. it's all part of the PLAN..

My old Carvin AG100D is getting close to 20 years old.

<<<-----------

Back in the Double Aught Days that thing was used for a spare monitor, a bass amp extension or spare bass amp (channel 2 is voiced for bass), a ride along "spare anything" (tweeter/12" you can unplug the head and use it for a spare albeit small main), spare power amp, spare guitar amp with a tube screamer. It's been used as a small p.a. at school events, talent shows, revivals, and things I can't even remember. That amp is used in my Cave several times a week to this day and has NEVER failed.

The digital effects are kind of cheesy 20 years later, but used clean the 100 watts with a 12" and a tweeter is STILL a respectable acoustic/sole performer rig. The 200 and 300 watt Carvins still get a lot of respect on other Acoustic Guitar sites.

I hate that Carvin went down, and yes, I know, they still send me emails but that ship has sailed. I would never trust them now.

I'm with Jinder, I think if I was going to buy a new acoustic guitar (only) amp I would have to look at Mesa. My Blue Angel has been quite a workhorse for several decades.

EpcVY9q.jpg?1

Archived