Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Real or fake?

No, that is fake. It has a Chinese bridge (notice the flat head screw slots), no nibs on the frets, nob placement is off, bridge and stop tail placement off, body shape is off, the diamond inlay on the head-stock is too small, also the serial number has been stamped after it was finished, Gibson Always does it before the guitar is finished. The truss rod cover is wrong too, and the fingerboard should be Ebony, and this is clearly rosewood. That is just what I see glancing at it. If you open the control panel, it should have Gibson POTS which I am certain it does not. It should have a hex-head nut on the truss rod as well. I hope he did not pay a lot because it is counterfeit. When you play it, does it feel like a $4000 guitar?

Hi

my friend got this Gibson Les Paul used and i'm not shure it's a real one so can someone help me?IMG_0653.JPGIMG_0654.JPG[/img] IMG_0655.JPGhttps://www.aht.li/3...59/IMG_0656.JPG

Hi

my friend got this Gibson Les Paul used and i'm not shure it's a real one so can someone help me?[

Just as Old Guy said, definitely fake! diamond inlay on headstock too small (more like the size on the epiphone customs) also the block inlays on the fretboard are not right. (too small, again like the epi customs). Worth about £100-£150 if you're friend is thinking about selling.

Archived