Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: 2017 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Burst

Little Jerry

Last December my son and I were in our local GC when I picked up a 2018 Gibson Les Paul Standard and started noodling on it. I loved the feel in my hand, particularly the upper fret access, which I find difficult with my Gibson Les Paul Standard. I posted a thread here about 2017 vs 2018 Standards and most people suggested the 2017 due to the Classic 57 pups. I was lucky and found 2017 and 2018 SG Standards at a SA store and played them side by side through a Hot Rod Deluxe, which we own at home. I must admit, I liked the Classic 57 pups. On the margin, they sounded a bit more aggressive when driven and also cleaned up nicely. I went home and thought about it, but when I finally got decided to jump in, it seemed all the new 2017 Gibson SG Standard T's were gone in local stores and online. I started looking for used one's, but found them to be a bit too pricey with many sellers asking near or more than new ones had sold for just a few months before. To make a long story short, all the stars finally lined up and a found a 2017 Gibson SG Standard in great condition in the color I wanted at a great price and at a big discount to what most sellers are asking on the various aftermarket websites.

Here she is. Ain't she pretty!

rnXvC4N.jpg92Ah84G.jpg

....To make a long story short, all the stars finally lined up and a found a 2017 Gibson SG Standard in great condition in the color I wanted at a great price and at a big discount to what most sellers are asking on the various aftermarket websites.....

Don't you love when that happens? That's barely a burst but still a beauty. Fretboard looks like ebony. Major congrats!

Archived